News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Breaking News: 7.0 Earthquake in Haiti

Started by Admiral Yi, January 12, 2010, 06:20:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Josephus on January 18, 2010, 06:28:15 PM
Honeslty, I'm surprised we haven't heard anything from my friends Raul and Fidel yet. You'd think they'd be worried about all those US boats just miles from their coastline.

They opened up their airspace.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 18, 2010, 06:30:19 PM
Honeslty, I'm surprised we haven't heard anything from my friends Raul and Fidel yet. You'd think they'd be worried about all those US boats just miles from their coastline.

They know we won't touch them until victory in Iraq and the 'Stan is assured.
PDH!

Razgovory

They have a guarantee the US will not invade.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on January 18, 2010, 06:48:49 PM

never trust an American.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

*quick google*

Well good on them.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

No kidding.  Obama will probably apologize for the embargo.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josephus

Oh yeah right. I know I'd feel safe.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Quote from: Barrister on January 18, 2010, 07:01:38 PM

*quick google*

Well good on them.

They've also sent medical teams, according to Raul.

(I'll save you the Google)

http://www.granma.cu/ingles/2010/enero/lun18/Reflections-16enero.html
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Razgovory

Quote from: Josephus on January 18, 2010, 07:33:03 PM

The guarantee has been in place for 50 years.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on January 18, 2010, 07:39:04 PM

Wasn't the guarantee not to invade Cuba made to the Soviet Union though? They don't seem to be around anymore. :hmm:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 18, 2010, 08:21:16 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 18, 2010, 07:39:04 PM

Wasn't the guarantee not to invade Cuba made to the Soviet Union though? They don't seem to be around anymore. :hmm:
Thousands of Amreican conspiracy theorists disagree.
PDH!

Neil

The US can barely wage a minor war against Islam far from their shores.  Cuba is far too powerful.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Neil on January 18, 2010, 08:30:35 PM
The US can barely wage a minor war against Islam far from their shores.  Cuba is far too powerful.
That Cuban Colonel in Red Dawn was a cunning opponent. 
PDH!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Neil on January 18, 2010, 08:30:35 PM

:huh:

Cuba's proximity makes it an easier target, not a harder one.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Neil

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 18, 2010, 09:38:12 PM
Cuba's proximity makes it an easier target, not a harder one.
Not so.  Cuba's proximity allows for the possibility that it could strike at the mainland US.  Moreover, it has thousands upon thousands of partisans within the US willing to strike at America in the event of hostilities, in the form of college kids.