Main Menu

NFL 2010: Because it's never to f'ing early

Started by CountDeMoney, January 11, 2010, 10:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: katmai on February 28, 2010, 08:23:55 PM
But is TO really #1 material anymore.

Not to mention he'll be 37 this year.
He's still bigger, faster and more physical than anybody on the roster.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Strix

Quote from: Neil on February 28, 2010, 08:59:31 PM
Quote from: katmai on February 28, 2010, 08:23:55 PM
But is TO really #1 material anymore.

Not to mention he'll be 37 this year.
He's still bigger, faster and more physical than anybody on the roster.

And probably drops more passes than the receiving corp combined.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 28, 2010, 06:52:56 PM
Quote from: Barrister on February 28, 2010, 06:07:47 PM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on February 28, 2010, 06:05:32 PM
Anyone watching the combine?
Uh, no.  There are some better sports on right now...

Nobody gives a flying fuck about your curling "sport". Sheesh.

Curling was over yesterday. :rolleyes:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

Quote from: Strix on February 28, 2010, 09:16:18 PM
And probably drops more passes than the receiving corp combined.
Mark Clayton?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on February 28, 2010, 08:16:48 PM
Seedy & Neil,

Please tell me reports that Ravens are interested in signing T.O. are false :P

Coach harbaugh said he'd be "interested".  That's all.

Then again, the free agent WR pickings will be slim, since the Ravens are fucked by their success last year.

Vince

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 01, 2010, 04:44:50 AM
Quote from: katmai on February 28, 2010, 08:16:48 PM
Seedy & Neil,

Please tell me reports that Ravens are interested in signing T.O. are false :P

Then again, the free agent WR pickings will be slim, since the Ravens are fucked by their success last year.

True but the rest of the league is grateful that they took down the Pats to get to that point. 

Strix

The smart move (and thankfully the Ravens won't be smart enough) would be to trade for Anquan Boldin. He is going to be 30, has some history with injuries, and can be light's out when he plays. They could probably get him from the Cardinals for very little in comparison to the returns he would provide the Ravens.

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Strix on March 01, 2010, 02:58:13 PM

The smart move (and thankfully the Ravens won't be smart enough) would be to trade for Anquan Boldin. He is going to be 30, has some history with injuries, and can be light's out when he plays. They could probably get him from the Cardinals for very little in comparison to the returns he would provide the Ravens.

I'd rather see them trade for Brandon Marshall, baggage and all.
Then again, Denver would want a 1st and 3rd;  it's easy to look at the numbers with no names and say, sure, do it...but last year's 1st and 3rd if they pulled that trigger?  Michael Oher and Ladarius Webb.
Free agents and the draft it is.

MadBurgerMaker

LaFell (I think it is, Im posting from the phone ugh) from LSU should still be around by the time Bmore's first rounder comes up.  They could snag some cheapass old "mentor" in FA (Not TO good god) and draft that dude, and unless he's just a total bust, Flacco would have a nice big target to throw to for a long time.

katmai

If you want a talented head case draft Dez Bryant who is early 20's and skip the guy who won't be around more than another year in TO :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

sbr

Quote from: katmai on March 01, 2010, 07:21:06 PM
If you want a talented head case draft Dez Bryant who is early 20's and skip the guy who won't be around more than another year in TO :P

Did Dez Bryant do anything besides lie about going to dinner with Deon Sanders?

katmai

Quote from: sbr on March 01, 2010, 07:43:21 PM

Well if yahoo sports article is to be believed he was just a flake even showing up late for games.

sbr

Quote from: katmai on March 01, 2010, 07:47:14 PM
Quote from: sbr on March 01, 2010, 07:43:21 PM

Well if yahoo sports article is to be believed he was just a flake even showing up late for games.

Ah, ok that is a problem.  I don't know much about him other than the suspension this last year.

MadBurgerMaker

Dez is going to be a top 10 pick though, isn't he?  Or has something changed?

katmai

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 01, 2010, 09:03:18 PM

Dez is going to be a top 10 pick though, isn't he?  Or has something changed?

He's touted as top of first round pick, except for his possible "character" issues.