News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Lawtalkers and NFL fans: to this thread!

Started by CountDeMoney, January 11, 2010, 09:22:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Is that all their down to at this point?  What's going on with the 18-game schedule and the rookie cap?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Strix

Quote from: Neil on March 13, 2011, 09:19:50 PM
Is that all their down to at this point?  What's going on with the 18-game schedule and the rookie cap?

Both sides are in agreement on the rookie cap. They were just working out the nuts and bolts of it. Players are refusing to consider the 18-game schedule from the last report I heard on ESPN.

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Valmy

As they should not.  The 18 game schedule is an abomination.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Yeah, anything short of a 20 is way too small.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on March 14, 2011, 08:12:29 AM
How about a 17 game compromise?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 14, 2011, 09:15:57 AM

One of the joys of the NFL is that each game is so meaningful.  16 games is almost too much as it is and by the end of the season we are all patiently waiting around for the playoffs.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on March 14, 2011, 09:28:44 AM
One of the joys of the NFL is that each game is so meaningful.  16 games is almost too much as it is and by the end of the season we are all patiently waiting around for the playoffs.

Ditto.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

You know, there's a very successful pro football league that plays 18 games... :whistle:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Alcibiades

Quote from: Barrister on March 14, 2011, 10:41:09 AM

You know, there's a very successful pro football league that plays 18 games... :whistle:

No, no there is not.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

KRonn

Quote from: Valmy on March 14, 2011, 09:28:44 AM

Agreed. And by 16 games the players are already very beat up and injured.

Barrister

Quote from: Alcibiades on March 14, 2011, 12:32:26 PM
Quote from: Barrister on March 14, 2011, 10:41:09 AM

No, no there is not.

http://www.cfl.ca/

:cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

dps

Normally, I'm on the side of the owners, not the players, but I 100% agree with the players on this, and hope that's not something that they compromise away.

sbr

Quote from: dps on March 14, 2011, 04:53:28 PM

Normally, I'm on the side of the owners, not the players, but I 100% agree with the players on this, and hope that's not something that they compromise away.

I agree with the mob.  More is not always better and this is the perfect example.  Sixteen games is plenty, we already have stars sitting out the last game or two once they clinch a playoff spot, having an extra two games will only make that worse.  It would also make teh division games even less important than they are now.  With only 4 teams per division you only get 6 division games, if there were 12 out of division games those 6 would be even more meaningless than they are now.

Admiral Yi

The principle argument I've heard from the owners for taking a bigger cut is they want to use the money to fund market expansion.  Seems to me the players might see that in their interest as well, with a possible compromise of getting a player rep on some sort of committee overseeing the expenditures.

Also vote no on expansion.  I think we should kill the preseason while we're at it.

Neil

The teams that don't get the extra home game would be mad.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.