And we're back!

Main Menu

New poll has Mass. Senate race in a dead heat

Started by jimmy olsen, January 10, 2010, 08:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Caliga on January 20, 2010, 06:14:21 AM
Quote from: Viking on January 20, 2010, 05:06:18 AM
I like how Taxachusetts is the state that stops Obamacare from Bankrupting America.
-_-  Taxes in Massachusetts are not as high as everyone says.  They're probably about average in the US.  I think taxes in California are much higher, for example.  Then again that might not be true anymore since they started that MassHealth thing up there.
Its gone up.  But there are probably other states.  Real estate taxes in Live Free or Die NH are through the roof for example, not getting into their toll booths every quarter miles.
PDH!

Weatherman

Quote from: Razgovory on January 20, 2010, 01:09:54 AM
Quote from: Neil on January 19, 2010, 10:21:44 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 19, 2010, 10:06:13 PM
Quote from: Weatherman on January 19, 2010, 09:56:45 PM
Brown wins. 52% to 47%.

America losses.
Your statement doesn't make any sense.

Meh, you wouldn't understand not being an American.  Besides hasn't China purchased Alberta?  As a Chinese shill I would expect you to root against the US.

He's making fun of you because you misspelled loses.

Savonarola

Quote from: Tonitrus on January 19, 2010, 10:43:52 PM
The funny/sad thing for the GOP now is, though, I bet Brown is now their #1 prospect for a Presidential run.

I hope not, it would be incredibly foolish to elect a Senator who has not even completed his first term to the presidency.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Caliga

Quote from: Savonarola on January 20, 2010, 08:43:03 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on January 19, 2010, 10:43:52 PM
The funny/sad thing for the GOP now is, though, I bet Brown is now their #1 prospect for a Presidential run.

I hope not, it would be incredibly foolish to elect a Senator who has not even completed his first term to the presidency.
I agree.

<_<
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Savonarola on January 20, 2010, 08:43:03 AM

At least he would have had some experience in government unlike a Texas Governor.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Queequeg on January 19, 2010, 11:34:35 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on January 19, 2010, 10:41:32 PM
CNN just said that a democratic senator (webb) released a statement saying it would only be fair to suspend health care votes until Brown is seated. Cowardly fuckers.

Your agony: delicious. tastes like Constantinople falling.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Berkut

Just...wow. What a disaster this year has been for liberals.

I wonder how soon the Languish Liberals will abandon Obama? It already seems to be happening elsewhere, but I suspect the Languish crowd is a bit more stubborn than most.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

grumbler

Quote from: DGuller on January 19, 2010, 11:15:20 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on January 19, 2010, 10:41:32 PM
CNN just said that a democratic senator (webb) released a statement saying it would only be fair to suspend health care votes until Brown is seated. Cowardly fuckers.
Democrats sure did their best to reap the least benefits with the most drawbacks out of their "supermajority".  A lot of good those "moderates" did for them, they just created the illusion of Democratic majority, without giving Democrats the power.
The reason the Democrats were unable to exploit their incredible political power was because they achieved power in the House and Senate just as they abdicated power in the Speakership, Senate presidency (pro tem) and the White House.  It seems a rule of the political world that: [political rank] X [IQ] = a constant.

You could have as many lions as you want; led by donkeys, they could do nothing.

And this isn't a slam on Obama, necessarily.  The only thing he did blameworthy was running for office a decade before he was ready to fill it.  He is smart enough to learn to fill it before his first term ends, but I am not sure that this will be enough to save his presidency.  By the time he learns to be a President, there will likely be a hostile legislature.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on January 20, 2010, 09:27:59 AM
What a disaster this year has been for liberals.

Are John Locke and Adam Smith spinning in their graves?

Faeelin

I wonder how soon the Languish Liberals will abandon Obama? It already seems to be happening elsewhere, but I suspect the Languish crowd is a bit more stubborn than most.

Do I count as a Liberal?

Valmy

Quote from: Faeelin on January 20, 2010, 09:36:16 AM
Do I count as a Liberal?

Do you believe in the ideals of limited government and liberty of individuals including freedom of religion, speech, press, and assembly, and free markets?

If so then yes.

Admiral Yi

Why would a lost Senate race in Massachusetts induce anyone to "abandon" Obama?  The only reason I can think of is to not back a loser.

What has suprised me is the rapidity with which the Languish swing vote has abandoned Obama.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 20, 2010, 09:41:16 AM
What has suprised me is the rapidity with which the Languish swing vote has abandoned Obama.

I was off the bandwagon before the Democratic primaries were completed.  I still, you know, hope he does a good job.  Either that or I just have to hope the Republicans come to their sense sometime between now and 2012.