News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

New poll has Mass. Senate race in a dead heat

Started by jimmy olsen, January 10, 2010, 08:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Fate

Hohoho. Healthscare is dead. Heil Brown!   :nelson:

Razgovory

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on January 18, 2010, 05:14:17 PM
A friend of mine is a Republican who thinks Reagan was an Ultra Liberal.  She tells me that Brown signs are so hard to come by that his supporters steal each them from one another.  She put one up in her front yard and within hours it was gone.

Bit later she saw one in a neighbor's hard that looked just like her missing sign and took that one.  A chain of thievery marks this election.

Well they are Republicans.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

A 17 point lead for Brown in Peabody! :o

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/01/18/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry6112236.shtml

The outlook of the race, however, looks increasingly shaky for Democrats. According to polling data released today from Suffolk University, Brown holds double-digit leads over Coakley in three Massachusetts communities considered bellwethers. The communities of Gardner, Fitchburg and Peabody are considered bellwethers because in the Nov. 2006 Senate race, the results in each community nearly matched statewide results. Also, party registration in those cities is similar to statewide registration.

In Gardner, Brown leads Coakley by 15 points, 55 percent to 40 percent. In Fitchburg, Brown has a 14-point lead at 55 percent to 41 percent, and in Peabody, voters give Brown a 17-point lead at 57 percent to 40 percent.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Would a Brown victory spell the end of the Obama Administration as a force for Hope and Change?  Or would Obama's election fit the bill for that?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Darth Wagtaros

A vote against this dumbass would be a vote against Obama.  The Democrats didn't take this very seriously. 
PDH!

Faeelin

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on January 18, 2010, 08:40:49 PM
A vote against this dumbass would be a vote against Obama.  The Democrats didn't take this very seriously.

I have to be honest, I'd consider voting for Brown.

jimmy olsen

Seriously Wags, reading polls like that I feel like I've fallen into an alternate universe. Does it really feel like Brown's momentum is that strong?

1 Karma Chameleon point

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 18, 2010, 08:48:00 PM
Seriously Wags, reading polls like that I feel like I've fallen into an alternate universe. Does it really feel like Brown's momentum is that strong?
Like I said, the Dems didn't take this seriously from the start.  They fucked themselves over by changing the law that they changed a few years back to appoint an interim Senator. 

They fucked themselves over by acting as though the race was won before Kennedy was cold. 

Etc. etc.
PDH!

DGuller

I think it would be tragic is Brown wins, given the implications for the healthcare reform.  I'm starting to think that our country is no longer capable of doing anything on a large scale except maintain the inertia to the bitter end.

KRonn

Quote from: Neil on January 18, 2010, 08:34:09 PM
Would a Brown victory spell the end of the Obama Administration as a force for Hope and Change?  Or would Obama's election fit the bill for that?
A Brown win would derail the health scare bill, that monstrosity of inside deals, bribes, Union favors, big business favors, massive bribes to politicians to vote for the pig. And that's part of the reasons why even Massachusetts voters are giving Brown a lot of favor. In that, if this health bill nastiness is derailed, maybe it would actually do the Dems a favor. It's like they're doing anything to push that beast over the finish line, even though many Dems now must realize the folly of it and how they've gotten it to where it is now. So it's like they can't stop it now, but an outside reason which stops it would do them a favor.

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on January 15, 2010, 08:15:24 AM
I'm going to laugh my ass off if "Ted Kennedy's" seat goes to the GOP in the very first election following his death. :lol:

Although I'd enjoy it for other reasons, I'd love to see Robert Byrd's reaction if Brown wins.  "Ohhhhhhhh Ted.  Mah dear friend Ted.  Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Ted, Ted, Ted..."  :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Darth Wagtaros

Ted should have stepped down when he realized he was gonna die within a few months.
PDH!

alfred russel

Quote from: DGuller on January 18, 2010, 09:05:29 PM
I think it would be tragic is Brown wins, given the implications for the healthcare reform.  I'm starting to think that our country is no longer capable of doing anything on a large scale except maintain the inertia to the bitter end.

I agree, but if Brown does win, and that does derail health care, what a fitting legacy for Ted Kennedy. The health care reform he sought all those years was in sight of passing, but ultimately failed because he was too much of a selfish prick to step away from power.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Neil

Quote from: alfred russel on January 18, 2010, 09:26:30 PM
I agree, but if Brown does win, and that does derail health care, what a fitting legacy for Ted Kennedy. The health care reform he sought all those years was in sight of passing, but ultimately failed because he was too much of a selfish prick to step away from power.
I never thought about it like that, but that puts a smile on my face.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.