And we're back!

Main Menu

New poll has Mass. Senate race in a dead heat

Started by jimmy olsen, January 10, 2010, 08:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: Valmy on January 11, 2010, 10:46:42 AM
2010 = Revenge of the RINOs?
I don't think so, though it'd be nice.  I believe there are around 40+ primary challenges to House moderates by tea-party endorsed conservatives, even if only a few of them win it's an important shift.  Similarly in the Senate John McCain's had to start running strong anti-Obama ads in Arizona, apparently it's because there's a far more conservative tea-partyista threatening a primary challenge and McCain's internal polling isn't as good as it should be.

Edit:  Apparently the teabagging convention is happening in the, and I quote, 'Gaylord' hotel :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 12, 2010, 09:47:04 PM
Rasmussen has Coakley only up by 2% so I guess the race really is neck and neck.

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2010/01/massachusetts-its-not-just-about.html

Coakley should benefit from increased turnout due to it being covered as a close race though.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Fate on January 11, 2010, 11:08:47 AM
I don't know that Republicans can complain. Franken lost a good part of his first year to the recount fight. Coleman was certainly helped by having Pawlenty as Governor.
How so?

Fate

Oh dear lord...

Scott Brown will now win the gay vote, but heterosexual Republicans may have reservations. Where does the GOP find these guys?
http://www.cosmopolitan.com/celebrity/news/scott-brown-nude-in-cosmo

KRonn

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 13, 2010, 01:48:28 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 12, 2010, 09:47:04 PM
Rasmussen has Coakley only up by 2% so I guess the race really is neck and neck.

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2010/01/massachusetts-its-not-just-about.html

Coakley should benefit from increased turnout due to it being covered as a close race though.
Lots coverage nationally now which adds to enthusiasm for Brown too. And there seems to be a lot of increased interest and enthusiasm among Scott Brown supporters here in the State. But still, I think it's still Coakley's to lose. But Mass voters gave Kennedy and Kerry close runs when strong candidates ran against them. Mass voters also voted for Reagan once or maybe twice. So I don't know what to think, except to go by the better or more effective polling.

Heh, if Coakley wins then I might have to start considering Kerry as Massachusett's conservative Senator.    :D

Faeelin

Interestingly, Obama has no plans to campaign for him, just like he had no plans to campaign for Coakley. Is it: Kiss of death?

KRonn

Quote from: Faeelin on January 13, 2010, 01:46:08 PM
Interestingly, Obama has no plans to campaign for him, just like he had no plans to campaign for Coakley. Is it: Kiss of death?
Hmm, that is surprising though, that Obama isn't going to campaign for Coakley. Especially considering how important her vote would be for health scare. I think one possibility is that the Democrat's political machine felt this election was about wrapped up, after Coakley won the Dem primaries pretty easily, and against some good candidates. I don't think anyone expected this final vote to be close, or as close as it may seem to be, so Obama may just not have had planned on showing up. But others are now showing up, along with money for Coakley from Phiser and Novardis pharmacy, big hospital groups, SEIU union, all who probably have some interests in the current health care plan passing. That may or may not work for Coakley, depending on people's perceptions. But then, I don't know about the donors for Brown, which may likely also be some big time donors.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

Quote from: Fate on January 13, 2010, 10:13:46 AM
Scott Brown will now win the gay vote
IOW he'll win in a landslide in Massachusetts.  :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Fate

Quote from: Caliga on January 14, 2010, 08:21:41 AM
Quote from: Fate on January 13, 2010, 10:13:46 AM
Scott Brown will now win the gay vote
IOW he'll win in a landslide in Massachusetts.  :cool:

I bet Barney Frank has Scott Brown's centerfold framed on his office wall.

jimmy olsen

Two new polls out.

One has Coakley up 8 the other has brown up 4. The name of the org that has Coakley up suggests a Democratic affiliation.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2010/senate/ma/massachusetts_senate_special_election-1144.html

538 agrees that the race is a toss up.

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2010/01/ok-its-toss-up.html
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point