Main Menu

Your opinion of Stalin?

Started by Faeelin, January 09, 2010, 04:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on January 11, 2010, 12:03:22 PM
Quote from: dps on January 11, 2010, 11:21:34 AM
Quote from: DGuller on January 10, 2010, 04:43:58 PM
This thread reminds me of a family episode a while back.  We used to have a relative that was a vulgar piece of shit.  He had no redeeming qualities about himself.

Up to this point in your post, I wasn't sure if you were talking about Stalin or grumbler.  :)
Neither, actually.  I don't think grumbler is vulgar, and I do think that Stalin had redeeming qualities.

Well he's dead for one.  That's a redeeming quality.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

ulmont

Quote from: grumbler on January 11, 2010, 01:48:33 PM
No one except you, me, Raz, Valmy, Ulmont, and Wayland appear to  be the slightest bit interested in Stalin!  :lol:

It's tough for me to advance my "best of the worst" theory any further, since we don't have much of a control group.  The most you can really say is that Beria did some liberalization post-Stalin.

crazy canuck

What I got from this thread is that Stalin and Tim can be considered intellectuals because they both read history books.

The question of whether Stalin actually understood anything he read appears to be an open question for Brain.

Nobody has yet taken the position that Tim has understood anything he has read other then the final score of yesterday's football game.

DGuller

Quote from: ulmont on January 11, 2010, 02:09:39 PM
No one except you, me, Raz, Valmy, Ulmont, and Wayland appear to  be the slightest bit interested in Stalin!  :lol:

It's tough for me to advance my "best of the worst" theory any further, since we don't have much of a control group.  The most you can really say is that Beria did some liberalization post-Stalin.
Some say that Beria's liberalization was a tactical retreat, and just a way to curry favor with the people so that he could cement his power.  Like many in his position, Beria was a sadistic murderer.

The Brain

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 11, 2010, 02:21:54 PM
What I got from this thread is that Stalin and Tim can be considered intellectuals because they both read history books.

The question of whether Stalin actually understood anything he read appears to be an open question for Brain.

Nobody has yet taken the position that Tim has understood anything he has read other then the final score of yesterday's football game.

Also I have a big cock.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on January 11, 2010, 02:26:01 PM

Some say that Beria's liberalization was a tactical retreat, and just a way to curry favor with the people so that he could cement his power.  Like many in his position, Beria was a sadistic murderer.

BB has yet to murder.

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Brain on January 11, 2010, 02:26:16 PM

Also I have a big cock.

A giant in a land of midgets may still be short in comparison to the rest of the world.

The Brain

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 11, 2010, 02:29:27 PM

Also I have a big cock.

A giant in a land of midgets may still be short in comparison to the rest of the world.

I rarely leave Languish.

Barrister

Quote from: The Brain on January 11, 2010, 02:27:05 PM

BB has yet to murder.

:shifty:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Like many in his position, Beria was a sadistic murderer.

His position of a Georgian in a position of authority?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Brain on January 11, 2010, 02:31:20 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on January 11, 2010, 02:29:27 PM

Also I have a big cock.

I rarely leave Languish.

Where there is only one other person who feels the need to share info about the size of his penis.

ulmont

Quote from: Valmy on January 11, 2010, 02:37:41 PM

I think we can generalize to "Russian autocrat."

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Quote from: Valmy on January 11, 2010, 02:37:41 PM

His position as head of secret police.  He also murdered plenty of people on the way up.

dps

Also I have a big cock.

Are you saying that crazy canuck can vouch for this?  That's, uhm, interesting