News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Playoffs? PLAYOFFS? Yes, NFL Playoffs

Started by CountDeMoney, January 03, 2010, 11:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Kickers are easily replaceable and so they provide excellent scapegoats.  Much better to blame the kicker then the multimillion dollar quarterback.

After all the guy was in for a couple plays.  How easy is that.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Admiral Yi

Can anyone name a color commentator that played on defense? :hmm:

Liep

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 12, 2010, 02:00:09 PM

We got several here, amongst them a defensive lineman named Bubba. He's not very good though.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Liep on January 12, 2010, 02:33:35 PM
We got several here, amongst them a defensive lineman named Bubba. He's not very good though.
Bubba Smith?

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 12, 2010, 02:00:09 PM

Solomon Wilcots.  And I think Matt Millen did color back in the 90s.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on January 12, 2010, 02:43:48 PM
Solomon Wilcots.
Now there's a household name.  Who does he work for?

Liep: you've got American guys doing commentary during broadcasts on Danish TV?  Games are all done in English then?

Liep

Bubba is Danish. Believe it or not we actually have a Danish American Football League. Each year they play for the coveted Mermaid Bowl. Commentators are mostly coaches from that league iirc.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Also, we are European Champions in flag football. :P

Admiral Yi

And I think Matt Millen did color back in the 90s.
Right, forgot him.  And there's the Goose.

Still an interesting imbalance, don't you think?

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 12, 2010, 02:46:51 PM
Solomon Wilcots.
Now there's a household name.  Who does he work for?

Are you Yi-ing me or do you really not know?  :unsure:

Anywho, CBS.  He also does (or at least did while I subscribed), the afternoon show on Sirius's NFL channel.  Played DB for the Bungles, Steelers, & Vikings.  He's one of the few broadcast guys who seems down to earth.  He even remembered my name the second time I spoke with him :wub:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on January 12, 2010, 02:58:58 PM
Are you Yi-ing me or do you really not know?  :unsure:
Never heard of the guy. :-|

Syt

Quote from: Liep on January 12, 2010, 02:50:18 PM
Believe it or not we actually have a Danish American Football League. Each year they play for the coveted Mermaid Bowl. Commentators are mostly coaches from that league iirc.

The AFL plays for the (duh) Austrian Bowl. We have the Vienna Vikings, Danube Dragons, Graz Giants, Carinthian Black Lions, Cineplexx Blue Devils (in Hohenems), and Swarco Raiders Tirol (Swarco being the sponsor). Blue Devils and Black Lions have quit the league and mostly play against Division I teams now, but participate in the play offs (they play each other and the meet the third of the normal "league" IIRC or some other harebrained mode).

The current champions are:

(used to be first Chrysler, then Dodge Vikings - in Austrian pro sports it's pretty common to make your main sponsor part of the team name and logo ... especially prevalent in soccer)
They also won a couple Eurobowls.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

None of those sound as badas as Nippon Ham Fighters.