News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Playoffs? PLAYOFFS? Yes, NFL Playoffs

Started by CountDeMoney, January 03, 2010, 11:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on January 11, 2010, 06:26:23 PM
I actually think that the Jets match up well against the Chargers.  If there's one thing that the Chargers have shown over the last couple of years, it's that if a sufficiently ferocious defence belts them in the mouth, they fold. 

Amen.  And, I don't think the Bolts D can contain such a versatile running attack.  If San-CHEZ has to throw, it's over.  But it won't get that far.

QuoteI think that both the top seeds in the AFC would rather have seen the Bengals and Patriots come to town.

Yup.  There are two pissed, nasty-ass, physical 5 and 6 seeds on their way instead.

CountDeMoney

My picks are: Jets, Cowboys, Cardinals.

CountDeMoney

LULZ

QuotePatriots clean out lockers after playoff loss

FOXBOROUGH, Mass.—New England Patriots players are spending the day emptying their lockers and heading into the offseason.

They filled large black trash bags with cleats and shirts then held a team meeting Monday after Sunday's 33-14 playoff loss to the Baltimore Ravens. Running back Laurence Maroney sat and chatted with defensive back Terrence Wheatley. Linebacker Adalius Thomas, one of four players sent home earlier in the season for reporting late to a team meeting, acknowledged "it was an unusual year."

The Patriots won three Super Bowls from 2002 to 2005 then lost the title game in 2008. But this season they didn't get out of the first round.

Coach Bill Belichick said finishing the season with a poor performance was a big disappointment after the team worked so hard.

Neil

I like the Jets and Ravens in the AFC.  In the NFC, I think that the Cowboys should win.  I think that the Vikings are a more complete team, with more talent at most positions, but the team is trending down, while the Cowboys are trending up.  Saints and Cardinals is hard, as the teams are sort of similar.  I give the Cardinals a small edge, because Fitzgerald is better than anything the Saints have, but the difference will probably be made by the defences.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on January 11, 2010, 07:18:08 PM
I give the Cardinals a small edge, because Fitzgerald is better than anything the Saints have, but the difference will probably be made by the defences.

The Cards defense, while porous at times, is still faster and filled with more insta-gamechangers than NO's bend-but-don't-breakers.

Admiral Yi

Any game against the Cards is probably going to come down to pass rush.

katmai

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 11, 2010, 07:52:36 PM
Any game against the Cards is probably going to come down to pass rush.

Which doesn't bode well for Saint as one of their starting DE's is out.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

Quote from: katmai on January 11, 2010, 07:54:47 PM
Which doesn't bode well for Saint as one of their starting DE's is out.
Quit stalking me.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Stupid Mark McGuire, Pete Carroll and GB-Arizona taking the news cycle away from the Boston Massacre.  :mad:

ANOTHER NFL CONSPRICACY AGAINST BALTIMORE

FunkMonk

I predict a Tony Romo fumble that costs Dallas the game. :smarty: :smarty:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

sbr

Quote from: Neil on January 11, 2010, 09:41:41 AM
If you try and put the Steelers' 2005 Superbowl on Roethlisberger, I'll have you killed.  Also, nobody won any Superbowls for the first 33 of those 58 years.

Besides:  Trent Dilfer.

No, it is very clear that they won the '05 SB in spite of the Berger, not because of him.  However it is a fact that they have won 2 of their 6 SB's in Ben's 6 years as starting QB.

And yes there wasn't a Super Bowl until the late '60's; that was an error from hurrying this morning, I should have said NFL Championship, not Super Bowl.  The Steelers never won an NFL championship of any sort until the '74 Super Bowl though.

I am not sure what the Dilfer reference is, unless you mean a mediocre QB winning the SB.  If that is what you mean you are right, it is possible.  Perhaps the exception that proves the rule?

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 11, 2010, 07:20:30 PM
I give the Cardinals a small edge, because Fitzgerald is better than anything the Saints have, but the difference will probably be made by the defences.

The Cards defense, while porous at times, is still faster and filled with more insta-gamechangers than NO's bend-but-don't-breakers.

For sure, outside of Sharper I can't think of anyone on the Saints that can compare to:

Karlos Dansby
Darnell Dickett
Rogers-Cromartie
Adrian Wilson
Antrell Rolle

I am a bit biased though. ;)

Alcibiades

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 11, 2010, 07:20:30 PM

Darren Sharper maybe?  :huh:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain