Playoffs? PLAYOFFS? Yes, NFL Playoffs

Started by CountDeMoney, January 03, 2010, 11:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 09, 2010, 09:09:54 AM
Quote from: sbr on January 08, 2010, 11:31:33 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 08, 2010, 10:58:54 PM
Quote from: Judas Iscariot on January 08, 2010, 10:21:47 PM
Smith, Rice, and I think Brown should all be shoo-ins.  Thoughts?

Emitt Smith, Jerry Rice, Don Coryell and Roger Craig are locks.

I am not sure about Craig, I think Brown is more sure thing .

Tim Brown had longevity, but Craig has was the first with the +1,000/1,000 record, and has a couple Super Bowl rings.

I have looked at Craig a little bit more and see that he has a pretty good case.  His career numbers don't jump off the page at me: 8100 rushing yards, 556 catches, 56 rushing TDs (Along with 17 receiving), but are pretty impressive once I thought about it for a minute.  The HoF is more than number to me and that  is where Craig's case improves.  3 Super Bowl championships; 4 Pro-Bowls and 4 All-Pros in 10 seasons; made the playoffs every year in the league; first to 1000/1000; first to score 3 TDs in a Super Bowl; only RB to lead the league in catches.

I still don't consider him a lock; his numbers won't blow any ignorant voters away and the amount of talent on those 49er team may hurt him as well.

sbr

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on January 09, 2010, 12:43:20 PM
I still don't consider him a lock; his numbers won't blow any ignorant voters away and the amount of talent on those 49er team may hurt him as well.

That doesn't stop voters when it comes to the Steelheads of the 70s (John Stallworth?), or the Cowboys of the 90s.  The Niners were the dynasty of the 80s, and Craig was integral to that.

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 09, 2010, 12:59:51 PM
That doesn't stop voters when it comes to the Steelheads of the 70s (John Stallworth?)

Stallworth was bad but Lynne Swann was the moment the Hall of Fame jumped the shark.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Strix

What do you expect when your team has the title "World Famous" attached to it. You get more HoFers and more accolades than scrub teams.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Vince

Theismann and Gibbs in the broadcast booth

And Christ Wept.   :(

Neil

Quote from: Vince on January 09, 2010, 04:33:26 PM
Theismann and Gibbs in the broadcast booth

And Christ Wept.   :(
What the fuck is with that?

Dick Vermeil is an old coach who is actually good in the booth.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Caliga

LULZ, nice first possession Bungles.  :rolleyes:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Vince

Yeah this is going to be a long game.  :frusty:

Caliga

Neil

Well, the Jets are in a bit of trouble now, aren't they?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Vince

Caliga

Neil