News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Universalis - Game thread

Started by Slargos, January 03, 2010, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

It being a holiday, we should probably just postpone this week's session, guys.  Saturday most likely won't work for me and Sunday is definitely out.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

That should settle it....see you all the on Sun the 11th.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Habbaku

Quote from: katmai on March 29, 2010, 08:12:50 PM

You've got a Wednesday game to attend, buster.  :mad:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Quote from: Habbaku on March 29, 2010, 08:32:11 PM
Quote from: katmai on March 29, 2010, 08:12:50 PM

You've got a Wednesday game to attend, buster.  :mad:

My comment was to Sol, tamas and Alci :P

Berkut

So I noticed that in our Sunday game, I had several provinces that still said "?" for trade good. For years and years. Posted something in the PDox forum about the potential bug, was quickly told by a dev that this was not a bug, it was just "bad luck".

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=468438

Yeah, turns out that it is a bug.

So, for four or five of these provinces, it has literally been about 50 years of missed production.

Lets do the math...that puts me down, what? A million ducats or something?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

katmai

Lol keep dreaming dirty Russian bear.

Berkut

Quote from: katmai on March 29, 2010, 08:39:45 PM
Lol keep dreaming dirty Russian bear.

Well, if you consider that one of the provinces, when I fixed the savegame started producing furs, and went from 2 production to 20, that means I've lost out on:

1. Somewhere around 1000 ducats in gold
2. How much in lost trade income?
3. How much in lost tech investment?

It is not insignificant.

We will need to edit the savegame to remove the flags that indicate that the provinces have a tradegood selected when they don't. And I am going to lobby for some kind of adjustment. Russia is poor, and depends on production for our income and growth.

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Losing shit to bugs is pretty annoying, but it has happened to us all to a degree.  That being said, I think it'd be fair to cut Russia's inflation down (assuming they even have any) and to give them some hard cash to use.  Perhaps allowing Berkut to do the math on how much he's lost (posting the figures here, of course) and we'll come to some agreement on how much to edit him?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Oh i have no problem with an edit, just not a million ducats.

Berkut

Well, people who know the game better than I would ahve a better idea how much it represents than I do.

Running the save with the fixed flag edit, all 6 provinces got a tradegood within months, usually almost immediately. They were generally furs, copper, or iron, and one grain.

Furs looked to about 20 in production income, copper/iron around 27, and grain...I don't recall - less, certainly.

4 of these provinces have literally missed about 50 years worth of production, the other two are more like 10 or so,  think.

I don't really know how that translates into things like lost tech though.

0 rows returned

Alcibiades

How come this only happened to him?
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

sbr

Quote from: Alcibiades on March 29, 2010, 10:33:16 PM
How come this only happened to him?

I know it happened to one person in the MP game I was a part of recently; he had a province in Madagascar which never got a trade good.  I haven't played with a colonial power since my very first game with IN so I have no idea how often it can happen. 

Berkut

0 rows returned

DGuller

Solmyr

The latest beta patch has been updated today, so redownload it here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=468427
Checksum is now HPZE.