News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Universalis - Game thread

Started by Slargos, January 03, 2010, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: katmai on March 21, 2010, 06:39:21 PM
I did and it shows clearly the biggest global menace is....Sweden!!!

True! I spent so much time courting Aceh into being my buddy and RMing me, hoping for a PU eventually, then these meatball eating savages came and conquered them!

katmai

The only continent they aren't on is South America.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Alcibiades

Not the penguins!  :weep:

How are the navys looking?
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Alcibiades

Only difference I see navally is that the Ottomans have 85 big ships now, taking the lead with England at 71 or so.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Habbaku

Quote from: Kleves on March 21, 2010, 06:27:15 PM
Quick, how many Polish provinces do I have? How many Italian provinces did I take this session? How many overall provinces? The answers: 0, 0, and 1, respectively.

It is amazing how you can sit there and basically lie by omission when it is so easy to show how you're carefully crafting your words to hide how much of Italy you dominate.

Independent Italian states : Naples, Papacy, Savoy, Venice, Corsica and Tuscany (a French ally).
Austrian-held Italian provinces : Friuli, Treviso, Verona, Trent and Brescia.
Austrian vassal states : Milan, Pisa, Ferrara, Mantua and Urbino.

All in all, of the Italian provinces, Austria effectively has power over fully one-third of the entirety.  Spain and France, in contrast, possess 3 and 2 provinces, respectively, while France is allied with the largest Italian state (Tuscany, five provinces) in order to keep it and its Ligurian center of trade free of Austrian exploitation.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Kleves

I found that vassalization was the only way to create some semblance of stability in Italy.  -_-
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Tamas

Quote from: Alcibiades on March 21, 2010, 10:29:50 PM
Only difference I see navally is that the Ottomans have 85 big ships now, taking the lead with England at 71 or so.

:smarty:

Habbaku

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=456580&page=11

:lol:  This game seems to attract some really childish sorts.  Someone out-Slargosed Slargos.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Quote from: Habbaku on March 21, 2010, 05:49:32 PM
No, not really.  I might declare war on someone next session just to see what happens.  The interlocking alliances of every major power with every other one pretty much kills the prospect of a war.

To be honest, extremely rapid French advancement at the beginning of the game is partly to blame for that. The UK and Portugal had a pre-existing alliance already, and Spain was later included because France was a threat to us both. Even now, France is one of the UK's biggest colonial rivals, while Austria looks unlikely to ever have interests in opposition to the UK. So you see why the alliances are the way they are.

As for India, the UK only plans to claim that an nothing else in the area. Certainly we don't plan to expand into the shit that is Afghanistan. And the Turks should stop whining and do something about Ak Koyunlu if they are so scared of it. I also want to know why the Turks need a navy that big.

Tamas

Quote from: Solmyr on March 22, 2010, 03:46:54 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on March 21, 2010, 05:49:32 PM
No, not really.  I might declare war on someone next session just to see what happens.  The interlocking alliances of every major power with every other one pretty much kills the prospect of a war.

To be honest, extremely rapid French advancement at the beginning of the game is partly to blame for that. The UK and Portugal had a pre-existing alliance already, and Spain was later included because France was a threat to us both. Even now, France is one of the UK's biggest colonial rivals, while Austria looks unlikely to ever have interests in opposition to the UK. So you see why the alliances are the way they are.

As for India, the UK only plans to claim that an nothing else in the area. Certainly we don't plan to expand into the shit that is Afghanistan. And the Turks should stop whining and do something about Ak Koyunlu if they are so scared of it. I also want to know why the Turks need a navy that big.

Because Austria has a navy about twice as big as they can support?
Plus, my economy can be ruined by blockade.

sbr

Quote from: Habbaku on March 22, 2010, 01:39:04 AM
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=456580&page=11

:lol:  This game seems to attract some really childish sorts.  Someone out-Slargosed Slargos.

The Wookie is an absolute tool.  I was in the other game he was GMing over there and I would never play in a game he is in again.

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

sbr

Quote from: Habbaku on March 22, 2010, 01:33:34 PM
Details, please?

I don't have a lot of details; a lot of the drama took place in private and I was struggling to keep my head above water in my first MP game ever with a France that had been run by the AI the first session so I wasn't very aware of the big picture.

The GM decided which countries he wanted in the game and if they ended up AI controlled for any reason they were completely off limits.  If you were at war with an AI controlled version of a country he wanted to be human it had to end immediately, if the AI DoWed you you had to do nothing for than fight for a white peace.

The first ragequits were human Ottoman and human Venice.   The Ottomans seemed intent on destroying the Empire; I have no idea what he was doing but the Ottomans were always on the brink of being completely occupied by rebels.  All of a sudden The Wookie was yelling at MonMarty (Venice) to end the war NOW!!.  MonMarty quit shortly after.

Here is MonMarty's explanation for quitting and The Wookie's response.

Quote from: MonMartyBecause I never like to quit without making sure everyone knows why I did it, I will write out a piece.

First off, I am thoroughly convinced I never broke the Ethical rule, my casus is very simple.

The Ottoman Empire attacked me, Me being in good faith he would not, since I offered a friendly hand to him at the start when he came in, That same hand that was returned into my face when he crossed my border with 20,000 troops. With that declaration he made it pretty clear to have the desire to remove me from the Balkans.

Within that same war, upon numerous times he refused to sign peace, peace which was 50% of the total warscore troughout the entire period i might add.

The motivation for my second war was simple: Right after the first war, a friendly offer from Milan to patrol his rebels was replied with fuck you, an offer which would have enabled him to never lose greece and trezibond/karaman to begin with, basically having all of proper turkey left, once more reaffirming that Magic man was not interested in having any form of dialogue with me or Milan.

My peacedemand was over land that was not connected to his own, therefor suffering the negative effects of being disconnected, fairly reasonable i might say, especially since i also planned to help the Ottoman Empire rebuild into Egypt, the Holy land and Persia. Any words ushered towards the ottoman empire were responded with

Game[messagehandler.h:224]: 7 June, 1447 Magic Man(Ottomans)*: rofl what?

and

Game[messagehandler.h:224]: 12 July, 1447 Magic Man(Ottomans)*: go to hell

Note I didnt PM him about anything, everything i said was public.

Now i very much understand GM's position in wanting to make sure the Ottoman Empire would have been playable for a new player, however I am still convinced that A player should not be punished for the bad decisions of a player. Had he still been the old Ottoman Empire, i would have won, taken my Greek provinces, and ended the war cordially with a fleet between my and his lands, this which was denied me because the player ragequit and doesnt know how to make logical decisions. This whole debacle would have completely been avoided if he has just accepted our help when he obviously needed it.

Its a shame no common ground could have been found, I would have been all for editing the Turkish minor provinces back to the Ottoman Empire, but it was not to be.

Ill see you guys around.

Quote from: The Wookietl;dr

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?p=10665601&postcount=374

The Wookie never addressed the other players concerns or mention MM again.

They also could not keep a regular Holland/Netherlands player and there was  a human The Hansa, human Brandenburg and human Engalnd/UK so there was the same drama happening there.  The Hansa player ragequit.

QuoteI am very sorry but I am leaving this game. I hate to be a quitter, but I feel I am not getting along with the GameMaster and his decisions. I think he is influencing the game to much.

When both Venice and the Ottoman quit during a session, one was off limit and the other was not. According to the GM Venice was expendable. So if the "wrong" country/player wins a war, the GM overrules the outcome and forbids the winning player to take any provinces.

I also donĀ“t like how the GM puts new human countries in the game without forewarning and how he decides what nations are AI-substituted for the moment and which are simply AI. Venice became AI at the same moment the player quit. Holland on the other hand has been AI-substituted the whole time even though the player has been more absent than present.

I am not complaining about anyone being absent or joining late in the game. But if you have rules they have to be consistent and the same for everyone. I also feel sorry for the way MonMarty was treated by the GM - both in the game and in this forum thread.

QuoteWhen you break the rules and I have to enforce them that tends to happen.

It has nothing to do with the "wrong" country/player winning or losing a war, it has to do with what countries me, Zoidberg and Varam decide we want in the game to keep it interesting. We have thus far gotten rid of the TO, Venice and Ottomans, for three different reasons - and none of them to do with... whatever it is you're accusing me of.

I just want to play EU3 online - I don't want to deal with people's egos or delicate sensibilities. If I offended anyone, it may have been intended. :yes:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?p=10695439&postcount=398

The player playing Poland ragequit the one session I was gone and had a sub playing, no idea what happened there, but as The Wookie was Muscowy/Russia I would imagine he had something to do with it.

In general he is a control freak and an asshat to people who don't agree with his dictatorial decrees.  Hosting the game doesn't make you god, IMO.

Solmyr

Are we going to use the new beta patch for tomorrow?

Habbaku

I suggest we all do so, yes.  The changes are immensely welcome--especially the naval stuff.

-J. R. R. Tolkien