Main Menu

Languish Universalis - Game thread

Started by Slargos, January 03, 2010, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: Habbaku on January 18, 2010, 12:33:15 AM
Quote from: katmai on January 17, 2010, 11:51:16 PM
French in North Africa already?
And I see i need to take Genoa still. Damn Ai.

Genoa is guaranteed and the powers-that-be-bigger-than-you have decided that Venice is yours.  Keep your mitts off of Genoa, capische?

The French aided Spain in taking some provinces in North Africa and were rewarded with a toe-hold of poor territory.

I'm Italy, no one is bigger than me!

Well maybe The Turks, and the Muscovites.

Okay and maybe the Spanish and French, but no one else!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Habbaku

And the English.  Austrians, too.  And the Ming, and some of the Indian states.  And all of the Siberian countries...and...  :P
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Quote from: Habbaku on January 18, 2010, 12:38:32 AM
And the English.  Austrians, too.  And the Ming, and some of the Indian states.  And all of the Siberian countries...and...  :P

Yeah, yeah..
I do want to see the Save as curious with all the Southern parts of Italy what manpower and income are like now.

katmai

Tamas you goat fucker, where is the save! I know you are on way home by now from work!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: katmai on January 18, 2010, 12:39:29 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on January 18, 2010, 12:38:32 AM

Yeah, yeah..
I do want to see the Save as curious with all the Southern parts of Italy what manpower and income are like now.
Italy's pretty rich, so I think you'll be pleased.  Also, seizing the Swiss Alps really helps give you strategic depth against France.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Solmyr

Quote from: katmai on January 17, 2010, 11:18:44 PM
Roma is under our protection as well, no plans to take it...for now.

He did? the map that sol put up make it look the same except AI milan annexed the Swiss it seems.

France only annexed Provence (which AI Milan was in danger of taking).
And we all got a CB on Milan for being dishonorable scum, at one point. That's how aggressive it was. :P

katmai

Quote from: Solmyr on January 18, 2010, 02:23:42 AM

France only annexed Provence (which AI Milan was in danger of taking).
And we all got a CB on Milan for being dishonorable scum, at one point. That's how aggressive it was. :P

Ah that explains the map then.

Oh my.

Solmyr

I have teh save, but it's too big to attach even RARed. Poke me on Steam or something if you want it.

Tamas

Dunno what Habs was smoking. As Solmyr said, I annexed Province so Milan won't, and yes, katmai, you owe me one because I did not trigger the Milan gangrape by declaring war on it when it was scum.

And I have just arrived TO work. :P

katmai

Quote from: Tamas on January 18, 2010, 02:34:41 AM
Dunno what Habs was smoking. As Solmyr said, I annexed Province so Milan won't, and yes, katmai, you owe me one because I did not trigger the Milan gangrape by declaring war on it when it was scum.

And I have just arrived TO work. :P

aw ffs, I forgot you aren't on night shift anymore.

And thank you Frankish King for not DoW'ing me.

Tamas

As for an other topic the now-huge Milan should care about: Austria is reforming the HRE on an alarming pace, and after he declared to "stop it for a while" he started annexing german provinces left and right. Quite unnerving.

katmai

Quote from: Tamas on January 18, 2010, 02:51:16 AM
As for an other topic the now-huge Milan should care about: Austria is reforming the HRE on an alarming pace, and after he declared to "stop it for a while" he started annexing german provinces left and right. Quite unnerving.

Yes it sounds like something all of Europe should discuss. Even more so since the ineffective Turks seem to be stopped in the Balkans.

Solmyr

Annexing left and right = two provinces for the entire session. Pretty much everyone else annexed a lot more. And I created more new HRE states than I destroyed. Vassalizing is not annexing as far as I'm concerned.

I will say it once more clearly: Austria has no ambitions beyond Germany, but will not tolerate other powers attempting to gain a foothold there. If there is a demand that the Empire is not unified, then I might as well start demanding that France does not unify or that Castile releases Aragon and Galicia. Obviously that would be preposterous, but no more than demanding that the German Emperor does not influence the rest of Germany.

PS. The lack of Milan gangrape was really more due to its alliance with Austria rather than the goodness of French heart. :P

Slargos

Quote from: katmai on January 18, 2010, 02:53:50 AM

Yes it sounds like something all of Europe should discuss. Even more so since the ineffective Turks seem to be stopped in the Balkans.

Even the mighty Turkish army can do nothing against the filthy german pigs alone. A wolf outnumbered by hordes of ravenous pigs that hide behind stone and earth works is still a wolf, yea, but he is ineffectual.

katmai

Thanks for the save Solmyr.

Well the infamy of 22% isn't great but better than i did for Habbu in 1st session :lol:

Manpower size is decent, maybe a resurgent Roman empire isn't too far fetched...