News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Happy New Year, Languish!

Started by Capetan Mihali, December 31, 2009, 07:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capetan Mihali

May as well have a formal thread wishing each and every one of you a delightful 2010.  :uffda:

The detestable "oughts" are no more thank God!  :yucky:  Now we just have a few awkward years to wait until we get fully situated in the Teens.  And God bless the Gay Nineties as well!  :bowler:

But... but... mais... Mais où sont les neiges d'antan ?     :(
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Admiral Yi

Happy New Year. :cheers:

Are you going to:

get drunk?  :yucky:

maintain a database? :nerd:

take Ambien and have sex with a dog? :boring: :perv:

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grallon

It's not quite midnight in New York yes?  2010 brings us closer to the *end of days* according to the mayas.  :P

Anyhow - Happy New Year everyone.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Capetan Mihali

Trying to decide what booze to bring to a New Year's party....  :hmm:

Champagne is cliched, beer is a little too plebeian for the occasion, liquor is awkward...
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Barrister

Going out for supper with my pregnant wife.

Minimal drinking I suspect.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

Quote from: Barrister on December 31, 2009, 08:22:01 PM

My advice.  Take out the non-pregnant wife for a spin.  It'll be more fun and it's clear you've not spent as much time with that one.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

sbr

Quote from: Razgovory on December 31, 2009, 08:25:53 PM
Quote from: Barrister on December 31, 2009, 08:22:01 PM

My advice.  Take out the non-pregnant wife for a spin.  It'll be more fun and it's clear you've not spent as much time with that one.

:lol:  Good one.

Caliga

Whee, I'm hiding in my office from my mother-in-law.  Will I: be doing this for the entire year?  :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

MadBurgerMaker

Syt

Here's to another crappy decade.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?