News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Clash of the Titans remake

Started by jimmy olsen, December 30, 2009, 10:27:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

I love the old one, hope they don't fuck this one up. At least the monsters look great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufYQa6fRMXE
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

HisMajestyBOB

If it doesn't use stop-motion SFX, then it'll be crap.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Darth Wagtaros

Looks stupid. Like so many movies its an effects extravaganza that doesn't bother with a plot.

Why is Hades always the bad guy?  Why not Zeus or Chronos who were bigger assholes?
PDH!

Razgovory

I forgot what the original was about.  I always confuse it with Jason and the Argonauts and The Sinbad movies.

Movie looks kinda like a mix between Troy and that Beowulf movie.  They should call it Troy II: The Trojaning.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Darth Wagtaros

Theseus greasing some Greek tool and offing Medusa with a shield.

SPOILER ALERT!
PDH!

Razgovory

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on December 30, 2009, 05:52:44 PM
Theseus greasing some Greek tool and offing Medusa with a shield.

SPOILER ALERT!

That's really more of a Marty thing.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Habbaku

I will go see it despite the fact that I know it will be awful.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

PDH

If there is no Kraken being released, it will suck balls.  Likely no matter what the Kraken-releasing level it, it will suck balls.

Anyway, didn't we have a thread on this already?
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

jimmy olsen

Quote from: PDH on December 30, 2009, 08:02:41 PM
If there is no Kraken being released, it will suck balls.  Likely no matter what the Kraken-releasing level it, it will suck balls.

Anyway, didn't we have a thread on this already?
The Kraken is released at the end of the trailer.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

I released the Kraken today. Fucker was so long, it popped out of the water in the bowl.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

It better have Harry Hamlin in it *shakes fist*
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on December 30, 2009, 09:07:48 PM

Eww. It had Jim Brown in it.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 30, 2009, 09:09:02 PM
Quote from: Caliga on December 30, 2009, 09:07:48 PM

Eww. It had Jim Brown in it.

Jim Brown never went to the Super Bowl.

Kleves

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Kleves on December 31, 2009, 01:39:19 AM
Is the original worth watching?
Not really.  It's a Sunday afternoon on TNT kind of movie.