News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Clash of the Titans remake

Started by jimmy olsen, December 30, 2009, 10:27:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Habbaku

Quote from: Kleves on December 31, 2009, 01:39:19 AM
Is the original worth watching?

It's decent, but the Yister has the right of it.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

I got the DVD for 3 EUR recently.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Quote from: Habbaku on December 31, 2009, 02:01:47 AM

It's decent, but the Yister has the right of it.

It's alot better when you are only 10.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

dps

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 30, 2009, 10:27:43 AM
I love the old one, hope they don't fuck this one up. At least the monsters look great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufYQa6fRMXE

Going by the trailer, it's trying to be Lord of the Rings with Matrix-style fight moves.  That's not a good sign--there's no reason to think it can possibly be as good as LOTR, so it sets itself up to fail if it tries to do the same thing, and pretty much every movie that has tried to copy "bullet time" has sucked.  At least this time, they're remaking a crappy old movie instead of a good old movie, so it isn't raping the childhood of anyone who had decent taste.

Caliga

Quote from: dps on December 31, 2009, 02:58:48 AM
At least this time, they're remaking a crappy old movie instead of a good old movie, so it isn't raping the childhood of anyone who had decent taste.
:mad: Why don't you try saying that to Calibos's face BITCH.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Sheilbh

I prefer Jason and the Argonauts :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 31, 2009, 01:44:50 AM
Not really.  It's a Sunday afternoon on TNT kind of movie.
Was enjoyable when I was six.  I tried re-watching it recently and found myself ignoring it.

It's on either Hulu or Netflix on demand if anybody really wants it.
PDH!

CountDeMoney

Yeah, it's a much better movie when you're 12, getting you jazzed to play D&D afterwards.  Not some much now.

Brazen

Looks scene-for-scene pretty much teh same as the old one but better. I approve :)

Grallon

Who else is tired of greek gods?  When will we see a norse gods movie?  Something about the Ragnarok would be cool if well done.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Darth Wagtaros

How about the Tuatha d'naan's war on Balor of the Evil Eye?
PDH!

Sheilbh

Quote from: Grallon on December 31, 2009, 10:11:23 AM
Who else is tired of greek gods?  When will we see a norse gods movie?  Something about the Ragnarok would be cool if well done.
I'm still waiting for a good film version of the Greek Gods.  I'd love an Iliad or Odyssey adaptation, probably directed by Terry Gilliam :)
Let's bomb Russia!

Grallon

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 31, 2009, 10:30:28 AM

I'm still waiting for a good film version of the Greek Gods.  I'd love an Iliad or Odyssey adaptation, probably directed by Terry Gilliam :)

Yes there's a lot of material but a lot of it is too controversial for puritan Amerikka and I'd rather not see a... sanitized version of the rape of Europa or the Zeus' Ganymedes forplays...

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

The Larch

Quote from: Grallon on December 31, 2009, 10:11:23 AM

G.

Maybe Kenneth Branagh's adaptation of Thor can fit that bill a bit.  :P