And we're back!

Main Menu

For all you Catholics, it's December 26th now

Started by CountDeMoney, December 26, 2009, 12:03:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Quote from: Syt on December 28, 2009, 01:17:06 PM
Quote from: garbon on December 28, 2009, 01:04:07 PM
I received Communion for the first time on Dec 24th at a Luthern church. I felt so nervous with that old man stuffing Jesus's body in my mouth.

Lutherans over here don't believe the transformation takes place and regard the act as symbolical. Unlike Cathoholics.

It's transbutation, which sounds a lot like masturbation, come to think of it....heh, I said come.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Drakken

Quote from: Josephus on December 28, 2009, 08:29:15 PM
I received Communion for the first time on Dec 24th at a Luthern church. I felt so nervous with that old man stuffing Jesus's body in my mouth.

Lutherans over here don't believe the transformation takes place and regard the act as symbolical. Unlike Cathoholics.

It's transbutation, which sounds a lot like masturbation, come to think of it....heh, I said come.

Transubstantiation, dumbass. :pope:

You prods eat pastry and drink juice and pretend it's the big deal, we fucking eat the flesh and drink the blood of our Savior. We own you and Mary Tudor-Habsburg roast the lot of you on a oak stake in 19 minutes.

Too bad I was born 250 years before the last Auto da Fé.  :blush:

The old, none-lapsed Fahdiz has taken possession of this body. Sometimes I do miss him, I must admit.

derspiess

I don't think any Protestants believe that.  I know we (Methodists) don't.  I took communion once at a Lutheran service (which we're allowed to do due to some treaty or whatever) and they used real wine.  I was impressed.  If my church ever pushes me over the edge with their left-wing shenanigans, I'd probably go Lutheran.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

syk

Quote from: derspiess on December 28, 2009, 08:41:43 PM
... and they used real wine.  I was impressed.  If my church ever pushes me over the edge with their left-wing shenanigans, I'd probably go Lutheran.
That'd be the standard here, though I've seen grape juice as well, out of consideration for alcoholics and children.

derspiess

Quote from: syk on December 28, 2009, 08:54:54 PM
That'd be the standard here, though I've seen grape juice as well, out of consideration for alcoholics and children.

Methodists were at the forefront of the Prohibition movement, so having anything with alcohol on church grounds would be unheard of for us :rolleyes:  I think the only thing the church thinks is worse than alcohol is <gasp> gambling.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

HisMajestyBOB

Lutherans are awesome. One of the best Protestant (and thus Christian) denominations.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on December 28, 2009, 08:41:43 PM

I don't think any Protestants believe that.  I know we (Methodists) don't.  I took communion once at a Lutheran service (which we're allowed to do due to some treaty or whatever) and they used real wine.  I was impressed.  If my church ever pushes me over the edge with their left-wing shenanigans, I'd probably go Lutheran.

The Missouri Synod that Seedy mentioned believes something similar to that.  There's a slight difference in but I don't full understand it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on December 28, 2009, 09:36:51 PM
Lutherans are awesome. One of the best Protestant (and thus Christian) denominations.

Meh, besides plunging Europe into a centuries of civil war and paving the way for Marxism what did they makes them so awesome?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Eddie Teach

They helped create a culture of independent thought. Why do you think most of modern civilization arose in northern Europe and their colonies?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 28, 2009, 10:36:53 PM
They helped create a culture of independent thought. Why do you think most of modern civilization arose in northern Europe and their colonies?

Old theory, try again.

Eddie Teach

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 28, 2009, 11:45:54 PM
It may be an oldie but it's also a goodie.  :homestar:

Nah, it fails to take in the consideration the importance of France, Northern Italy, Belgium, and Austria.  Not to mention non-christian states all together.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on December 29, 2009, 12:02:38 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 28, 2009, 11:45:54 PM
It may be an oldie but it's also a goodie.  :homestar:

Nah, it fails to take in the consideration the importance of France, Northern Italy, Belgium, and Austria.  Not to mention non-christian states all together.

The Church was weak in those places.

Razgovory

Like hell it was.  Are we talking about the same thing?  Max Weber and the Protestant work ethic?

Eddie Teach

I'm talking about the long-term effects of the Reformation.