News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

CK + DV for $9.99

Started by Phillip V, April 02, 2009, 02:31:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: saskganesh on April 08, 2009, 09:56:31 AM
heh. I am in the latter part of a bigserbia game and the Ilkhans have married into and became Norwegian pagans(who have survived in scandiland). they dominate Persia. fun. :bowler:

Khan Olaf Thorstein of Isfahan? :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

saskganesh

Quote from: Caliga on April 08, 2009, 10:16:15 AM
Quote from: saskganesh on April 08, 2009, 09:56:31 AM
heh. I am in the latter part of a bigserbia game and the Ilkhans have married into and became Norwegian pagans(who have survived in scandiland). they dominate Persia. fun. :bowler:

Khan Olaf Thorstein of Isfahan? :)

more like Khan Knute Knyfling be exact.

Danes who became Norse, then returned to paganism, then married a Mongol chicka, and then inherited the Hordes... I think.

so Ishafan now has a temple to Odin. supercool.
humans were created in their own image

Drakken

Aww, the ups and downs of building an ironclad dynasty with a powerful Realm, only to find your efforts totally ruined by some dinky, inbred, totally impotent, and schizophrenic heir who survives for 30+ years, chases all your vassals away, and cripples your Realm in the near future.  :lmfao:

Great memories.  :cool:

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

ulmont

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

ulmont

Quote from: garbon on April 18, 2009, 11:17:30 AM
They never accepted your request? :(

I never heard anything.  I may resubmit eventually, but at the time there was like a 6 month backlog.

sbr

Quote from: Drakken on April 15, 2009, 02:21:53 PM
Aww, the ups and downs of building an ironclad dynasty with a powerful Realm, only to find your efforts totally ruined by some dinky, inbred, totally impotent, and schizophrenic heir who survives for 30+ years, chases all your vassals away, and cripples your Realm in the near future.  :lmfao:

Great memories.  :cool:
That is the best part of CK for me; in most (single-player) games when you get to a certain point there is no chance that you can lose.   In CK you can carve out a huge kingdom, then suddenly the Uber-King dies in a tragic lawn-dart "accident" and the Kingdom is taken over by a regency because your In-bred heir is 3 years old.  Next thing you know all of your vassals rebel and it takes you 3 generations to re-unite the kingdom.

ulmont

I resent my app today, and received the following:

Quote from: JohanHello Richard.

We're currently swamped in applications and can't handle more.  Please
contact us again in August if you still want to do a license.

My original app, for comparison, was sent in in April 2008...

garbon

Yeah, the reason I asked is because people, who applied after you, were recently approved for the eu2 group.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

ulmont

Quote from: garbon on April 21, 2009, 11:11:48 AM
Yeah, the reason I asked is because people, who applied after you, were recently approved for the eu2 group.

I think the cooler games and cooler groups were moved up the list a bit.

Liep

Can anyone recommend mods or utilities for this that's updated for DV?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

saskganesh

DVIP (with add-on mod), has 1204 start too; TASS is also interesting with three 1066 starts. note these two mods are not compatible.

Divine Glory add-on (cool stand alone scoring system)
there's also some GFX (especially Face mods) and SFX mods. recommend all the sound ones.
as to GFX, there's a variety of interface mods, which are a natter of taste. some are basically shinier, others "more" medieval.

I would reccomend DVIP with add-on as it has the automatic education events, which while not perfect, and can be silly, do bring the stats down to earth. vanilla DVIP has too much stat gain for characters, IMO, which makes the gameplay  too easy.

DVIP add on, also has break free event for distant vassals. for gameplay, I lengthen the MTTH a bit (2 months to 20 months), and tweak the probabilities of breaking free to 75/25 from 95/5.

I also change the default strength of all mongol units to 10K from 20k.

this game really needs a new patch. its been 7-8 months since the last beta.

Solmyr

DVIP should add a 1090ish start too, as it's significantly different from 1066 and would be more Crusade-inspiring.

saskganesh

1090-ish would be pretty good.