Stocks and Trading Thread - Channeling your inner Mono

Started by MadImmortalMan, December 21, 2009, 04:32:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 11, 2016, 08:35:35 PM
I'm getting a 2007 feeling in the housing market.  :glare:

I kind of agree. It's shaky. But don't worry. They won't let it crash until after the election this time.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Alcibiades

Prices where I live haven't really moved at all in the past 3 years :hmm:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Admiral Yi

Conducted my first Square transaction down at the Regal Beagle.  Easy peasy.

Admiral Yi

Sent some cash to Lending Club, set up automated investing.

I have 3 referrals that are worth $75 each (you have to invest 5K).  Anyone interested?  I've sent out emails to 3 friends/relatives, so I need to see what they say first.

Admiral Yi

To clarify, these are signup bonuses that go to you, not referral bonuses that go to me.

Which is kind of a gyp.

Phillip V

Splunk (SPLK) is up 40% for me since I bought the dip two weeks ago amidst the tech / big data stock negative sentiment.  I want to sell and pocket the quick profit, but am greedy that these stocks will get run up to super silly valuations again.   :hmm:

Meanwhile, underperforming Sprint (S) remains a long thorn in my side.  So much dead money in there.  :mad:  Please give me a merger or spectrum deal rumor.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Phillip V on March 01, 2016, 04:06:10 PM
Splunk (SPLK) is up 40% for me since I bought the dip two weeks ago amidst the tech / big data stock negative sentiment.  I want to sell and pocket the quick profit, but am greedy that these stocks will get run up to super silly valuations again.   :hmm:

Greed and fear are the two main things that make people make mistakes. I'd sell enough to get the initial investment back. You can let the rest run with a clear conscience.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Admiral Yi

Greed are fear are the only things that matter in finance.

Taking your whole original stake off the table seems like too much.  That's 71% of current holdings.  If you think there's still upside, sell off like 50% of current holdings.

I'm getting some nice movement on SQ, and T is brushing up on $38 a share.

The Brain

I heard that Paradox Interactive will be going public.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

Five business days after my funds arrived at Lending Club, $3,750 of $5,000 has been lent out, putting to rest my fear that the hidden cost was a long float period while my money just sat there.  The rest has been "committed," meaning it has been matched with a borrower, but the loan is not final because the total amount has not been subscribed yet.

DGuller

Good luck.  I've been contemplating Lending Club as well, but I stopped when I found out that there are plenty of predictive models out there working off the API feed.  Since I can't compete with that either on timing or on analytics, I'll be taking the crap deemed too risky for the price by sophisticated algorithms.

Admiral Yi

I don't mind if the big boys beat me by a couple basis points.

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 09, 2016, 03:17:40 PM
I don't mind if the big boys beat me by a couple basis points.
Couple of basis points I'm fine with.  Negative returns, not so much.

Admiral Yi