Stocks and Trading Thread - Channeling your inner Mono

Started by MadImmortalMan, December 21, 2009, 04:32:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 10, 2021, 11:10:11 AM
Did some big news just hit that we all missed?  Share prices just suddenly dropped.

Took advantage of the drop in Tesla to sell a 2/12 put @740 for $494.

Might be skittishness on the Bitcoin thing finally hitting...and China gave them a quality-control dressing down the other day.

I'm thinking of bailing on it soon. 

That and Model X interior refresh sucks ass, so that is off the table as a future purchase.  :P

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on February 10, 2021, 11:11:29 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 10, 2021, 10:17:17 AM
Pot stocks exploding.

There are rumors that Congress is going to decriminalize pot nationwide.

Weed stocks have been skyrocketing for like a month now on that news.

I think the dip is simply taking profits before the Feds guy is talking today. There's been a lot of rallying.

Barrister

Just as a warning - in this country pot stocks exploded before and shortly after legalization in October 2019, but slumped badly in the year following.

Perhaps the old "by on rumour, sell on news" approach.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on February 10, 2021, 01:58:07 PM
Just as a warning - in this country pot stocks exploded before and shortly after legalization in October 2019, but slumped badly in the year following.

Tamas and I have both owned CGC since before the slump.  :)

Tamas

Yeah, thanks. I bought Canopy just before the burst of the previous bubble. But my shares went from -40% in value to +60% since Biden took over.

crazy canuck

The smart investors were buying in initially on the hope that it would become easier to sell in the US.  And that is what is happening.

PDH

By high, sell cheap - that was my Dad's mantra. 

He died with about $1100.00 left so his timing was okay at least.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Admiral Yi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXwqmXxJBH0

Pot stock discussion.

Fun fact: Canuck companies are all listed in the US, US companies all listed in Canada.

There appears to be a WSB short squeeze attack on Tilray, but dude points out it's not a true short because the shorts are abritraging between Tilray and another company being aquired, so the squeeze won't work. 

Tamas

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 11, 2021, 02:21:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXwqmXxJBH0

Pot stock discussion.

Fun fact: Canuck companies are all listed in the US, US companies all listed in Canada.

There appears to be a WSB short squeeze attack on Tilray, but dude points out it's not a true short because the shorts are abritraging between Tilray and another company being aquired, so the squeeze won't work.

Weed stocks plummeted this morning, don't get engrossed in this.

Admiral Yi

Why they ran up and why they ran down is interesting to me.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 11, 2021, 02:30:46 PM

People bought and people sold.

DGuller

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 11, 2021, 04:04:25 PM

I guess what Yi is wondering about is why people bought and people sold these stocks at one price one day, and why people bought and people sold these stocks at a very different price the next day.

crazy canuck

Quote from: DGuller on February 11, 2021, 04:09:00 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on February 11, 2021, 04:04:25 PM

I guess what Yi is wondering about is why people bought and people sold these stocks at one price one day, and why people bought and people sold these stocks at a very different price the next day.

Yeah, and that is the joke.  Anyone who says they can figure that out probably has a bridge or two to sell as well.

Admiral Yi

Josquius

Everything seems down right this week.
Lunar new year? Or the start of the collapse?
██████
██████
██████