Stocks and Trading Thread - Channeling your inner Mono

Started by MadImmortalMan, December 21, 2009, 04:32:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Tonitrus

Tonitrus

Bought some GT (Goodyear) out of solidarity. 

I always had Goodyear tires on my FJ back in the States, and was always very satisfied with them.

And they actually look like a potentially good buy too.

Josquius

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 19, 2020, 06:41:07 PM
Quote from: Tamas on August 19, 2020, 07:31:37 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 19, 2020, 07:17:09 AM
Uber is another one that's buyable.

Have they ever been even remotely close to profitable?

Remotely, I think yeah.

Way I see it Lyft is dying, Uber is gobbling up food delivery, and their rideshare has to come back at *some* point

Lyft seem to be going for a more sustainable growth pattern whilst uber are trying to grab as much of the market as they can. It's a question of whether uber is able to keep faith for a long while before breaking even.
Is lyft available anywhere outside the US yet?
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Quote from: Tonitrus on August 20, 2020, 02:24:47 PM
And TSLA cracks 2000.  :sleep:

Make sure you hold your shares until end of tomorrow to be eligible for the split stocks as dividend.

Admiral Yi

Thank you Elon Musk and Jack Dorsey for the bountiful blessings you have bestowed on Yi, your humble servant.  :worthy:

Tamas

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 21, 2020, 01:12:30 PM
Thank you Elon Musk and Jack Dorsey for the bountiful blessings you have bestowed on Yi, your humble servant.  :worthy:

Congrats, man, who would have thought it gets this crazy. I'd be looking to sell after the initial post-split buyfest, though.

Caliga

I still think Musk is going to jail someday. :hmm:

But anyway, congrats Yi. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tamas

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 19, 2020, 06:41:07 PM
Quote from: Tamas on August 19, 2020, 07:31:37 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 19, 2020, 07:17:09 AM
Uber is another one that's buyable.

Have they ever been even remotely close to profitable?

Remotely, I think yeah.

Way I see it Lyft is dying, Uber is gobbling up food delivery, and their rideshare has to come back at *some* point

Fuck it, I went into American Airlines way too early and with terrible timing, just couldn't watch another sucky position on my list. As my losses there had about as much as my gains this week mini-betting on Tesla CFDs, I just sold AAL and replaced it with the more hip dud Uber. Can't be much worse, I'll reenter an airline in a couple of months.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Admiral Yi

How about Visa Tamas?  Revenue was growing 24% a year pre-Covid, the world will only get more cashless, and it has been ticking up like a metronome (not going ballistic) since I bought some during the dip.  Pays a joke of a dividend.

Tamas

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 21, 2020, 03:48:21 PM
How about Visa Tamas?  Revenue was growing 24% a year pre-Covid, the world will only get more cashless, and it has been ticking up like a metronome (not going ballistic) since I bought some during the dip.  Pays a joke of a dividend.

Will check it out in my next round purchase, cheers.

Tamas

Habbaku

That link doesn't lead me anywhere, but if it's a group that discusses stock trades or derivatives, I'm not joining.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien