And we're back!

Main Menu

Looking to scrub potty arsonist

Started by garbon, April 01, 2009, 12:43:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

I suppose the headline would have a different meaning in Britain. :bowler:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/cityinsider/detail?entry_id=37757

QuoteIt may be shameless self-promotion, but the city's Porta Potti arsonist has drawn the attention of Clorox.

Yup, the makers of the Clorox ToiletWand System launched a "Potty Patrol" this morning to inform residents about how to get involved in the San Francisco S.A.F.E. program. The company is also offering a $5,000 reward for tips leading to the arrest of the person or people responsible for torching about $50,000 worth of portable toilets over the last several months, most on Russian Hill. It's part of what they're calling "Operation Flush the Outhouse Arsonist."

The Potty Patrol started at 11 a.m. at an outhouse at Sansome Street and Pacific Avenue, and will hit stops at Front Street and Broadway and at Pier 3 before returning back to the start point.

Arsonist(s) beware.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Richard Hakluyt

It works reasonably well as English English as "potty" can mean a toilet (usually used for those things toddlers use) and can also mean mad or nutty. It is also helped by the fact that "arsonist" sounds like it begins with "arse", again germane to the article. "Scrub" is not good though, I would go with "purge", yes, "looking to purge potty arsonist" is rather good.

Eochaid

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on April 01, 2009, 02:19:46 AM
It works reasonably well as English English as "potty" can mean a toilet (usually used for those things toddlers use)

What's the American name for a potty?  :huh:

Kevin
It's been a while

DontSayBanana

:unsure: Always was a potty whenever anybody in my family was getting potty-trained.

Then again, I don't know if that's indicative. Sometimes, my family has a hard time shaking off the Euroweenie roots.
Experience bij!

garbon

I was making a joke on the fact that while potty here is really only used for the toilet it could also take a double meaning in the uk for someone who was a bit mad. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

fhdz

Quote from: Eochaid on April 01, 2009, 04:11:59 AM
What's the American name for a potty?  :huh:

Kevin

Toilet.  Can.  Shitter.  Throne.  One usually only uses the word "potty" when speaking to children here in the US.
and the horse you rode in on