Main Menu

Rugby players from Wales are gay!

Started by Martinus, December 20, 2009, 06:39:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 21, 2009, 02:45:37 PM
Quote from: Barrister on December 21, 2009, 02:43:13 PM
Does curling have any kind of following in Scotland? :scots:
Yes.  Though it's a game you're more likely to play than watch (except internationally).  I think I'm the only curling fan in England :(

:console:

I just read yesterday that there's probably 200,000 active curlers in this country, but high level curling on TV can attract over a million viewers.   :)

We just finished our olympic trials over here.  Got a lot of television exposure.  But you have to love curling - the Canadian men's team is headed by Kevin Martin from Alberta.  Martin's team came up to Whitehorse in November to play in a cash bonspiel.  I went out to watch him play, and one of the guys I curl with was picked up as a spare on another team for the same bonspiel, and got to play against Martin.  So a multi-time Canadian champ was rubbing shoulders with some schlubs from Whitehorse, and they took him right to the last few rocks before he queaked out a victory.  Name me any other olympic sport where you can so easily play against the greats.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Viking

Quote from: The Brain on December 21, 2009, 03:07:58 PM
Eskimo bowling is practiced in Sweden.

Regardless of what you call it, it is still just drinking.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.