News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Paradox has acquired AGEOD!

Started by Tamas, December 17, 2009, 10:01:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Berkut

Haven't been terribly impressed with AGEOD anyway. Shrug.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

To be ruined you actually have to be good first :P

AGEOD had some potential but had not realized it yet.  Perhaps this merger will help them along and if it doesn't well...they weren't exactly on an upward trajectory anyway.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on December 17, 2009, 10:33:58 AM
To be ruined you actually have to be good first :P

AGEOD had some potential but had not realized it yet.  Perhaps this merger will help them along and if it doesn't well...they weren't exactly on an upward trajectory anyway.

My take on this explained by me on Paradox OT:
I like Paradox, I have been here since the first beta AAR for EU1, I think EU3 with all the expansions is a masterpiece, but in general, I have a bad feeling about where they are heading, and AGEOD has (had?) been very much like the old Paradox, and their designs transfused a much-needed fresh blood to our small niché market.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Honestly, I don't see what AGEOD brings to the table. Well not anymore than it would have been sense for P'dox to acquire Keewie.

That said, it's clear we need another player in this niche strategy market. P'dox can't support the mantle.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Habbaku

So they're going to be competing with themselves?  Are they trying to make Victoria 2 fail?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Sahib

Quote from: Habbaku on December 17, 2009, 02:25:54 PM
So they're going to be competing with themselves?  Are they trying to make Victoria 2 fail?

Perhaps they will make AGEOD game fail :)
Stonewall=Worst Mod ever

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on December 17, 2009, 12:26:02 PM
Honestly, I don't see what AGEOD brings to the table. Well not anymore than it would have been sense for P'dox to acquire Keewie.
Crunch would have made MILLIONS!  :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

sbr

Post from Fredrick, the Paradox CEO, FWIW:

QuoteAgeod is, and will remain, an independent studio run by people who create great games. Philippe Thibaut has designed games since I was in kindergarten (well maybe not that long, but you get the point) and there would be no reason for us to enter this relationship if we didn't believe in the stuff Ageod is doing.

Paradox will mainly market and sell the Ageod titles; we have been trying to find a way to work together for quite some time and this was the best solution we found. I hope this makes a 1+1=3 rather than anything else.

Fred

Josquius

Are AGEOD the ones who did that Making History game?
As it was bleh.
██████
██████
██████

dps

Quote from: sbr on December 17, 2009, 02:35:53 PM
Post from Fredrick, the Paradox CEO, FWIW:

QuoteAgeod is, and will remain, an independent studio run by people who create great games. Philippe Thibaut has designed games since I was in kindergarten (well maybe not that long, but you get the point) and there would be no reason for us to enter this relationship if we didn't believe in the stuff Ageod is doing.

Paradox will mainly market and sell the Ageod titles; we have been trying to find a way to work together for quite some time and this was the best solution we found. I hope this makes a 1+1=3 rather than anything else.

Fred

Wasn't Phillippe Thibaut the designer of the original Europa Universalis boardgame?