Main Menu

Paradox has acquired AGEOD!

Started by Tamas, December 17, 2009, 10:01:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: dps on December 17, 2009, 06:30:45 PM
Quote from: sbr on December 17, 2009, 02:35:53 PM
Post from Fredrick, the Paradox CEO, FWIW:

QuoteAgeod is, and will remain, an independent studio run by people who create great games. Philippe Thibaut has designed games since I was in kindergarten (well maybe not that long, but you get the point) and there would be no reason for us to enter this relationship if we didn't believe in the stuff Ageod is doing.

Paradox will mainly market and sell the Ageod titles; we have been trying to find a way to work together for quite some time and this was the best solution we found. I hope this makes a 1+1=3 rather than anything else.

Fred

Wasn't Phillippe Thibaut the designer of the original Europa Universalis boardgame?

Yes.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HisMajestyBOB

Paradox does seem to be better than AGEOD at publishing and distributing, so this should help AGEOD.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

garbon

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on December 17, 2009, 06:48:30 PM
Paradox does seem to be better than AGEOD at publishing and distributing, so this should help AGEOD.

AGEOD needs to work on game design first. They've nice conceptual pieces but that don't mean shit.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

Painful as it is to think about, Paradox is also probably better at polishing games for publication - or at least doesn't seem to have the same need to publish games before they are even reasonably playable (whether fun is another issue).
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on December 17, 2009, 07:14:26 PM

AGEOD needs to work on game design first. They've nice conceptual pieces but that don't mean shit.
Exactly what I was saying above, but probably better-put.  AGEOD doesn't really develop their games until after publication.  That is a losing business proposition.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!