And we're back!

Main Menu

One for the Twilight fans

Started by Brazen, December 16, 2009, 07:12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 16, 2009, 11:37:13 AM
Half-gay. :contract:

And Wiggin wins the prize for the correct answer! Also acceptable would have been "desperate to get laid" and "man-whore.":P
Experience bij!

CountDeMoney

I have a friend at work whose tweener daughter is big into the series.  Thank you for my daily anti-Twilight spam email of the day with the OP in this thread.  It will go to good use.

Much better than Trollcat bombs.

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 16, 2009, 04:16:09 PM
Quote from: Jacob on December 16, 2009, 04:13:02 PM
Kristen Stewart is not that hot for a movie starlet, IMO. 

her face is weird.
*checks* You guys are right.  I mean, she looks like any random girl I might see on the street.  I can think of like a dozen women in my office who are much hotter.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

Well, if the intent is that girls reading/watching the series identify themselves as Bella, casting someone who was Hollywood-pretty would have been counterproductive.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

KRonn

Quote from: Caliga on December 17, 2009, 06:19:13 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 16, 2009, 04:16:09 PM
Quote from: Jacob on December 16, 2009, 04:13:02 PM
Kristen Stewart is not that hot for a movie starlet, IMO. 

her face is weird.
*checks* You guys are right.  I mean, she looks like any random girl I might see on the street.  I can think of like a dozen women in my office who are much hotter.
I actually kind of like her more so for being a bit different from the uber look, as more of a normal looking but still attractive woman.

Viking

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 17, 2009, 09:29:43 AM
Well, if the intent is that girls reading/watching the series identify themselves as Bella, casting someone who was Hollywood-pretty would have been counterproductive.

Well, the book has her as plain and non-pretty. The Emosanguinarian loves her smell and the fact that he can't read her mind. No because she is HOTT like Kristen Stewart
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

LaCroix

basically, he wants to fuck cattle :)

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

DontSayBanana

Quote from: KRonn on December 17, 2009, 09:52:44 AM
I actually kind of like her more so for being a bit different from the uber look, as more of a normal looking but still attractive woman.

I'll grant you that, but that doesn't excuse casting a girl who simply cannot act.  Stuttering, looking confused all the time, and occasionally launching oneself onto the male lead makes for a movie that leaves the audience just asking why and feeling vaguely dirty after leaving the theater.
Experience bij!

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Darth Wagtaros

When the first movie came out I lost a golden opportunity.  My parents like horror movies and they were all set to go to this thinking it was a creepy vampire movie.  Like a dumbass I told them it was for 12 year old girls and the men who like to fantasize about being one of them.  :(

Should have let them go and be entertained.
PDH!

LaCroix

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 17, 2009, 01:50:08 PM
He's right. Cows don't look like people, nor can they be transformed into one.

they're still a source of food?  :unsure:

grumbler

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 17, 2009, 01:50:08 PM
He's right. Cows don't look like people, nor can they be transformed into one.
Nor do vampires exist.  So arguing that the analogy fictional humans are to real cattle as fictional vampires are to real people cannot be countered by claiming that real humans don't look like real cattle.  The analogy doesn't compare real humans to real cattle.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Admiral Yi

I think the chick is kinda cute.