News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Snow!

Started by Martinus, December 14, 2009, 06:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

I don't have winter tires either, so I hope there won't be a blizzard.  I do have all-season tires that came with my car, but they are universally rated as dismal for snow performance.  For a while I thought it was normal for a car to never go straight when it snows.

Tamas

I have winter tires, and let me tell you I hate those monoriu-minded drivers who dont buy them. Or even worse, they dont buy them because they are way too l33t to be afraid of ice and snow.

Of course these slow to a crawl everytime the road is even slightly slippery, seriously slowing me down.  <_<

Zanza

I also have rear-wheel drive. I hear it goes well with not having winter tires.

My car is leased, I give it back in mid January and I happen to live in the warmest part of German (Southern Rhine valley) at the moment, so I hope I'll get through the winter without needing winter tires.

If it actually snows, I'll not drive anymore of course. That would be stupid. And could be expensive as I think my insurance is void if I drive on snow without winter tires.

DGuller

My car is leased, and I average about 6,000 miles a year.  Buying snow tires is just not economical.  If it snows, well, that's what balls are for (or, failing that, tow trucks).

Admiral Yi

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DGuller

Admiral Yi

KRonn

I have all wheel drive, a small SUV. It also has all season tires rated pretty well for snow, and for any vehicle I think it's preferable to have some type of all season tire at least.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tamas on December 15, 2009, 03:29:08 PM
I have winter tires, and let me tell you I hate those monoriu-minded drivers who dont buy them. Or even worse, they dont buy them because they are way too l33t to be afraid of ice and snow.

Of course these slow to a crawl everytime the road is even slightly slippery, seriously slowing me down.  <_<

You need tires for those wagons you people ride around in?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

It has been snowing all night :(
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Zanza

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 15, 2009, 03:51:56 PM
You need tires for those wagons you people ride around in?
:rolleyes: Of course. They aren't that backward. They have rubber tires like everyone else.  :P

Ed Anger

Gypsy discover...advanced wheels!

NO SCRIBES ALLOWED
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

Quote from: katmai on December 15, 2009, 04:07:41 PM
It has been snowing all night :(

I'm currently out if town...how much new snow have we gotten?  (and swing by and shovel my driveway, k?)  :P

Maximus

Quote from: DGuller on December 15, 2009, 03:25:59 PM
I don't have winter tires either, so I hope there won't be a blizzard.  I do have all-season tires that came with my car, but they are universally rated as dismal for snow performance.  For a while I thought it was normal for a car to never go straight when it snows.
When I was growing up in northern Alberta and Saskatchewan, no one I knew had different tires for winter than for summer.