News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hey, British Islanders!

Started by Syt, December 12, 2009, 08:18:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Please explain ...  this:

You're supposed to hate us, not emulate us! Stick to your warm ale and leave the Glühwein and bratwurst to us!  :mad:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Viking

Glüehwein already stolen (and perverted) by scandies

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Syt

Raisins in glögg. :x

I ate a Norwegian reindeer burger in Kiel once. Was good. Was a bit disappointed that I didn't find bits of glowing red nose, though.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

Quote from: Viking on December 12, 2009, 08:37:15 AM

Its stolen from some German thing?
I always thought it was just a traditional Scandi drink of the same origins as glogg.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Viking

Quote from: Tyr on December 12, 2009, 08:49:40 AM
Quote from: Viking on December 12, 2009, 08:37:15 AM

Its stolen from some German thing?
I always thought it was just a traditional Scandi drink of the same origins as glogg.

Yes, we stole it, just like we stole the christmas tree and pretty much every other christmas tradition from germany in addition to a few hannuka ones.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Mr.Penguin

Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

Richard Hakluyt

I reckon the brits secretly like the Germans, all that WW1 and WW2 stuff was pure serendipity.....

It's the French that really irritate.......

Warspite

We'll explain German Christmas markets over here when the rest of the world accounts for Irish pubs.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

garbon

Quote from: Mr.Penguin on December 12, 2009, 01:28:50 PM
Not if it's going to mess up their hair do...

It is true. Water will take out all the straightening.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: Warspite on December 12, 2009, 11:37:19 PM
We'll explain German Christmas markets over here when the rest of the world accounts for Irish pubs.

Diageo plc.

Now it's your turn.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

What does England have to do with Irish pubs? :huh: :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

Viking

Quote from: Syt on December 13, 2009, 03:31:26 AM

What does England have to do with Irish pubs? :huh: :P

both Guinness and Irish Pubs are English inventions, just like the Kilt.