News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Have you Ever Personally Known a Murderer?

Started by Malthus, December 11, 2009, 03:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: syk on December 11, 2009, 03:56:36 PM
Yup. Work related of course. Including an axe murderer. And one who stuck a firecracker up someone's ass after beating him up. Victim bled to death.

Not a very jolly way to celebrate Victoria Day.  :(
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

syk

Quote from: Malthus on December 11, 2009, 04:12:31 PM
Quote from: syk on December 11, 2009, 03:56:36 PM
Yup. Work related of course. Including an axe murderer. And one who stuck a firecracker up someone's ass after beating him up. Victim bled to death.

Not a very jolly way to celebrate Victoria Day.  :(
Was New Year's Eve. The victim reportedly was about to rape the murderer's son. The victim was also the murderer's 2nd kill. His first was just beaten down and died "accidently" by breaking his neck in the fall.

MadImmortalMan

I'm fairly sure my grandma's dad participated in some lynchings. Here's a picture of his car in 1924.

There may be a young future US Senator in that pic as well.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Admiral Yi

He made up for the lynchings with his brave single-handed charge into the Klansmen's square.

sbr

I worked, and partied, with this chick for a few month back a couple of years before she skilled the dude; also she was convicted of manslaughter, not murder.  I knew the guy too, just barely.

QuoteASTORIA, Ore. -- A jury on Thursday convicted Linda Jean Stangel of second-degree manslaughter for shoving her boyfriend off a 320-foot cliff on the Oregon Coast.

Stangel, 23, of Walker, Minn., put her head down and quietly sobbed after the verdict was read in Clatsop County Circuit Court.

She originally claimed David Wahl, 27, of Tualatin vanished while on a walk at Ecola State Park on Nov. 12, 1995, while she slept in his van.

Stangel later changed her story and confessed to killing Wahl. She said he had tried to scare her with a push on the cliff, and she shoved back, accidentally sending him to his death.

The confession was made to Oregon State Police detectives when they took her back to the park on the Oregon Coast. She later repeated the confession two times.

She then recanted and claimed police forced her to lie.

She was crazy as fuck when I knew her too.

Malthus

Quote from: sbr on December 11, 2009, 05:16:27 PM
I worked, and partied, with this chick for a few month back a couple of years before she skilled the dude; also she was convicted of manslaughter, not murder.  I knew the guy too, just barely.

QuoteASTORIA, Ore. -- A jury on Thursday convicted Linda Jean Stangel of second-degree manslaughter for shoving her boyfriend off a 320-foot cliff on the Oregon Coast.

Stangel, 23, of Walker, Minn., put her head down and quietly sobbed after the verdict was read in Clatsop County Circuit Court.

She originally claimed David Wahl, 27, of Tualatin vanished while on a walk at Ecola State Park on Nov. 12, 1995, while she slept in his van.

Stangel later changed her story and confessed to killing Wahl. She said he had tried to scare her with a push on the cliff, and she shoved back, accidentally sending him to his death.

The confession was made to Oregon State Police detectives when they took her back to the park on the Oregon Coast. She later repeated the confession two times.

She then recanted and claimed police forced her to lie.

She was crazy as fuck when I knew her too.

Now we know what the internet dating posts mean when they say "likes long walks in the park".  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Queequeg

Someone in my phys ed class in High School gave birth in the bathroom, and let her baby drown in the toilet during class.  Does that count? 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Malthus

Quote from: Queequeg on December 11, 2009, 05:23:49 PM
Someone in my phys ed class in High School gave birth in the bathroom, and let her baby drown in the toilet during class.  Does that count?

I assume so - though here in Canada at least, infanticide is treaded legally as different from murder.

Strix

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

The Brain

Quote from: Barrister on December 11, 2009, 03:53:57 PM
Well that would make him a killer, but not a murderer.

Is it me or is the Crown awfully soft on murderers?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Yeah, I think so.  Though no conviction  I also knew the victim.  He was terribly annoying.  He deserved what he got. :ph34r:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Capetan Mihali

Yes, and became friendly with one.  Though he was actually a manslaughterer.  Met him through prison-related volunteerism.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

CountDeMoney

Yes, I've known murderers.  And they've known my cell phone number.
In the bail business, we called them "clients".

Jaron

Ditto for me except the bail bonds and cell phone thing. But I've been alone behind closed doors in my office with many violent offenders.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Zanza

I can't even think of a criminal that I personally know, much less a murderer.