What's the furthest distance you've ever driven on a single trip (one way)?

Started by Caliga, December 11, 2009, 08:50:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's the furthest distance you've ever driven on a single trip (one way)?

less than 10 miles/15 km
2 (4.1%)
10-50 miles/16-80 km
1 (2%)
51-100 miles/81-160 km
0 (0%)
101-250 miles/161 km-400 km
3 (6.1%)
251-500 miles/401-800 km
9 (18.4%)
501-1000 miles/801-1600 km
13 (26.5%)
1000-5000 miles/1601-8000 km
19 (38.8%)
5001+ miles/8001+ km
2 (4.1%)

Total Members Voted: 49

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

Atlanta to Las Vegas. Originally had planned on going all the way to LA, but decided I was sick enough of driving as it was. Couple years later I flew to LA.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

katmai

Quote from: Caliga on December 16, 2009, 06:11:17 AM
Quote from: katmai on December 16, 2009, 12:05:58 AM
So Cal what the fuck do i win?
A one way ticket outta the Great White North. :)

Hmm we had about 6 inches of snow last night, and saying we might get another 7-8 so that sounds good right about now.

Josquius

It is worrying that all this big snow comes on the week I'm to be travelling home.
The trains better not be late and make me miss my flight <_<
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

Quote from: katmai on December 16, 2009, 06:39:56 AM
Hmm we had about 6 inches of snow last night, and saying we might get another 7-8 so that sounds good right about now.
I still don't get why you would prefer Alaska over San Antonio. :huh:  I've never actually been there but if the climate is similar to Houston, which I've spent tons of time in, I'd pick it over Alaska any day... though I've heard the climate south of Juneau is actually kinda nice, as long as you don't mind never seeing the sun again.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on December 15, 2009, 06:44:32 PM
Under 150 miles.

In the Old Country, we have invented: buses, trains and planes that fly in the sky, violating the God's laws.  :(

Somehow I found it easier to transport a car cross country by driving it then trying to load it onto a plane but YMMV.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Quote from: DontSayBanana on December 16, 2009, 12:04:18 AM
Aren't you glad you don't have to travel so much anymore, since the tourist trap of Mammoth Cave is right in your backyard? :P
Dude, Mammoth Cave is freaking awesome.   :cool:  When they shut the lights out and asked us to be quiet, it was one of the more interesting experiences of my life.  The utter silence and darkness is nothing I've experienced before.  It seems like it wouldn't be a big deal, but it surprisingly was.

katmai

Quote from: Caliga on December 16, 2009, 07:45:44 AM
Quote from: katmai on December 16, 2009, 06:39:56 AM
I still don't get why you would prefer Alaska over San Antonio. :huh:  I've never actually been there but if the climate is similar to Houston, which I've spent tons of time in, I'd pick it over Alaska any day... though I've heard the climate south of Juneau is actually kinda nice, as long as you don't mind never seeing the sun again.

Because from April to Oct it is 80 or higher in San Antonio, fuck that.

And see the sun again? While PDH was making light of the lack of light, I'm far south enought to get about 6 hours of sun in winter time which it tolerable for the summers and 19 hours of daylight and the temps in the 70's.

Caliga

katmai

Quote from: Caliga on December 16, 2009, 10:05:03 AM
So live in Alaska in the summer, and San Antonio in the winter. :smarty:

I have no desire to live in Texas at all.
If i was going to live someplace besides Alaska for winters it would be more like San Diego.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on December 16, 2009, 08:58:09 AM
Quote from: DontSayBanana on December 16, 2009, 12:04:18 AM
Aren't you glad you don't have to travel so much anymore, since the tourist trap of Mammoth Cave is right in your backyard? :P
Dude, Mammoth Cave is freaking awesome.   :cool:  When they shut the lights out and asked us to be quiet, it was one of the more interesting experiences of my life.  The utter silence and darkness is nothing I've experienced before.  It seems like it wouldn't be a big deal, but it surprisingly was.

Your really should go to the Creationist museum. It is a hoot.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tyr on December 16, 2009, 07:39:28 AM
It is worrying that all this big snow comes on the week I'm to be travelling home.
The trains better not be late and make me miss my flight <_<
I assume you're already aware of the British Airways strike scheduled for the holidays, jah?

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 16, 2009, 10:10:01 AM
Your really should go to the Creationist museum. It is a hoot.
We were gonna go with some friends back in August but for some reason we couldn't (I think some dumb family thing came up).

Caliga

Quote from: katmai on December 16, 2009, 10:06:43 AM
I have no desire to live in Texas at all.
If i was going to live someplace besides Alaska for winters it would be more like San Diego.
Understandable.  :cool: