What's the furthest distance you've ever driven on a single trip (one way)?

Started by Caliga, December 11, 2009, 08:50:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's the furthest distance you've ever driven on a single trip (one way)?

less than 10 miles/15 km
2 (4.1%)
10-50 miles/16-80 km
1 (2%)
51-100 miles/81-160 km
0 (0%)
101-250 miles/161 km-400 km
3 (6.1%)
251-500 miles/401-800 km
9 (18.4%)
501-1000 miles/801-1600 km
13 (26.5%)
1000-5000 miles/1601-8000 km
19 (38.8%)
5001+ miles/8001+ km
2 (4.1%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Caliga

My grandfather used to do that with his my dad, only instead of museums, it was CHURCHES (he was a minister).

"OMG LOOK KIDS ISN'T THE FIRST LUTHERAN CHURCH OF KALAMAZOO ARCHITECTURALLY INTERESTING"

"Yes, dad, it's great."
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on December 14, 2009, 10:34:24 AM
My grandfather used to do that with his my dad, only instead of museums, it was CHURCHES (he was a minister).

"OMG LOOK KIDS ISN'T THE FIRST LUTHERAN CHURCH OF KALAMAZOO ARCHITECTURALLY INTERESTING"

"Yes, dad, it's great."

:XD:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DontSayBanana

The furthest I've driven is only about 120 miles, but I will mention that I was on a road trip with my aunt and uncle where we did North Jersey to Chicago in 12 hours flat, with only two stops, so that drive even took a lot out of us kids (most of my family can't just sleep in the car).
Experience bij!

Valmy

Tempe Arizona to Austin Texas 850 miles.

It totally sucked.  Nothing but desert for 14 hours.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Did Chicago to Marlborough. ~950

Longest without stopping except once for gas: San Francisco to Palm Springs ~490
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Iormlund

Quote from: Caliga on December 14, 2009, 10:34:24 AM

"Yes, dad, it's great."

:lol:
My dad and I once traveled 2000 miles around Northern Spain visiting churches, cathedrals, castles and the like. I loved it, but visiting churches in the US doesn't have that same appeal.

Caliga

It sounds like the difference is... you actually wanted to go, though.  :hug:

We had to fucking drive 1,000 miles to Hannibal, Missouri when *I* was a kid to go look at some stupid tourist trap (Mark Twain Cave) that my dad wasn't allowed to see when *he* was a kid and on one of his dad's church-visiting vacations.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Iormlund

Quote from: Caliga on December 14, 2009, 02:02:08 PM

We had to fucking drive 1,000 miles to Hannibal, Missouri when *I* was a kid to go look at some stupid tourist trap (Mark Twain Cave) that my dad wasn't allowed to see when *he* was a kid and on one of his dad's church-visiting vacations.

Yeah, I've always been interested in history and he knew it. None of my siblings went with my dad in such trips. Curiously enough my brother is now, in his mid 20s, starting to enjoy history through books, documentaries and such. Never too late I guess.

Vince

Savonarola

I've driven 550 Miles from Detroit to my college town of Houghton in Michigan's upper peninsula; all without leaving the state.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

sbr

My parents bought a motor home when I was about 13.  My mom's family lives in St Louis so every summer, within a week of school ending, my mom, me and my younger brother would drive from Portland to St Louis (Dad was too busy with work).  We would stay at my aunt's house for 4-5 weeks, my dad would fly in the last week or so , then we would take off for home, but always go a different way.  Over a couple of summers we went through every state west of the Mississippi and saw almost every sight there is to see along the way.  One summer we didn't go to St Louis and spent the entire summer driving around Alaska.  I hated it at the time, what 13-16 year old wants to spend the entire summer in a motor home with his parents and younger brother.  Looking back I wish I wasn't quite such a bitch about it and had tried to enjoy it, we saw a lot of cool shit.

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

saskganesh

Vancouver to SF. It took about 24 hours. we had a drum 'n bass tape on infinite loop during the night.
humans were created in their own image

Martinus

Under 150 miles.

In the Old Country, we have invented: buses, trains and planes that fly in the sky, violating the God's laws.  :(

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Caliga on December 14, 2009, 02:02:08 PM

Aren't you glad you don't have to travel so much anymore, since the tourist trap of Mammoth Cave is right in your backyard? :P
Experience bij!