Which of the following fruit and nut trees should I plant?

Started by Caliga, December 08, 2009, 09:19:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of the following fruit and nut trees should I plant?

Almond
10 (18.2%)
Apple
24 (43.6%)
Apricot
2 (3.6%)
Cherry
23 (41.8%)
Fig
10 (18.2%)
Hazelnut
8 (14.5%)
Peach
24 (43.6%)
Pear
16 (29.1%)
Pecan
11 (20%)
Quince
2 (3.6%)
Walnut
10 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Caliga

@ Mono

3 1/2 acres.  I already have like 15-20 'cultivated' trees on my property (ornamentals), and probably 100 or so 'wild' trees on the property, mostly ash, juniper, and hickory.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

BVN

Quote from: Monoriu on December 08, 2009, 10:19:13 AM
Just what kind of property do you have?  I mean, our house in Vancouver was huge, yet it was no where large enough to accommodate more than 1 or 2 trees. 
I'm interested to see your definition of huge... I understand you're from HK and your standards are probably a bit lower, but I don't have a big garden and there are like 7 fruit trees in my garden.

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 08, 2009, 10:21:54 AM
In the good part of Kentucky.
:hug: Thank you.  Yeah, tell the ignoramuses on here that not *all* of Kentucky is 'bad'.  :cool:

Grey Fox

Quote from: Monoriu on December 08, 2009, 10:19:13 AM
Just what kind of property do you have?  I mean, our house in Vancouver was huge, yet it was no where large enough to accommodate more than 1 or 2 trees.

If his land was in HK instead of Kentucky. About 30 000 of your brothers could live on it.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Quote from: BVN on December 08, 2009, 10:23:50 AM
I'm interested to see your definition of huge... I understand you're from HK and your standards are probably a bit lower, but I don't have a big garden and there are like 7 fruit trees in my garden.
I'm guessing that's about the same number we would plant.  Probably no more than a dozen.

Monoriu

Quote from: BVN on December 08, 2009, 10:23:50 AM

Our house in Vancouver was over 3,000 sq. feet large.  The lot was, if I remember correctly, something like 33 metres by 120 or something.  Most of the land area was either occupied by the house or covered in concrete, so it did not have much space for vegetation.  The developer used every inch of space allowed under the planning laws to build as large a house as possible.  And as large a garage as possible. 

Monoriu

Quote from: Caliga on December 08, 2009, 10:23:20 AM
@ Mono

3 1/2 acres.  I already have like 15-20 'cultivated' trees on my property (ornamentals), and probably 100 or so 'wild' trees on the property, mostly ash, juniper, and hickory.

I really don't have much idea how large an acre is.  Any property that uses this unit of measurement is automatically defined as gigantic. 

Ed Anger

Quote from: Monoriu on December 08, 2009, 10:35:59 AM
Quote from: Caliga on December 08, 2009, 10:23:20 AM
@ Mono

I really don't have much idea how large an acre is.  Any property that uses this unit of measurement is automatically defined as gigantic.

The United States survey acre is approximately 4,046.873 square meters
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

I think the smallest lot you'll find for a stand alone house in NA is 1/4 acre.

Grallon

"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 08, 2009, 10:40:13 AM
I think the smallest lot you'll find for a stand alone house in NA is 1/4 acre.
My house in Massachusetts was on a 0.12 acre lot.  :(

Still sold for more than my house down here cost though.  :lmfao:

Admiral Yi

syk

Voted cherry as I have a cherry tree in my garden. And there's enough for the birds and my family.

Caliga

Barrister

One section of land (one mile by one mile, or one square mile), has 640 acres.  A quarter-section (a half mile by a half mile) has 160.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.