Where has your life taken you since Languish started?

Started by Jaron, December 06, 2009, 02:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

If my memory is correct, Languish started in early 03 for most of us. It was around before as a tiny modding community, but after we all rage quitted from EU OT, we came here in droves.

That is almost going to be 7 years ago. Not a bad little chunk of time if you ask me.

So my question is this: What were you doing then with your life, what are you doing now and what sorts of things have happened to you in between?

Kids? Finished college? New job? Possibly dead? Some of us didn't make it this far, you know. Just like always though, all the assholes here made it through without a scratch. :P

I'd go first, but I don't want to set the bar too high and make the rest of you ashamed to answer, but I will listen and not be judgemental. :)
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Syt

When I joined in summer 2004 I was stuck in a horrid accountant's job in Germany with dreams of writing pulp fantasy and sci-fi.

In December 2009 I'm stuck in a horrid accountant's job in Vienna with dreams of writing pulp fantasy and sci-fi.

I prefer Vienna over Holsteinian province, though.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Jaron

MMm....

When Languish was new, I was overweight, depressed and working graveyard shifts at Jack in the Box.

Since then I've completed 3 college programs (AA, BA and teaching credential) and found drastically better work but the things I am most unhappy about remain unresolved.

I feel like I've gone from a fairly happy go lucky guy to being very jaded and filled with regret about the way I have lived my life.

Maybe its not too late to salvage something though. :)

HisMajestyBOB

I've graduated High school, graduated from College, and now I'm teaching in Korea.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Jaron

Martinus

When I started posting on Languish, I was still in the closet, none of my Polish friends knew I'm gay, I never got out, I was almost 90 kilos, and I was in a dysfunctional relationship with a guy who leeched money off me.

Now I'm partially out of the closet, have a bunch of Polish friends who know I'm gay, I go out to gay bars and clubs, I'm down to 77 kilos and I am in three dysfunctional relationships with guys who don't leech money off me.  :lol:

The Brain

When I joined I was working in the nuclear industry. I kind of still am, but now I'm making a lot more money.

I fear change.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Quote from: The Brain on December 06, 2009, 05:53:17 AM
When I joined I was working in the nuclear industry. I kind of still am, but now I'm making a lot more money.

I fear change.

Define "a lot more".

The Brain

Quote from: Martinus on December 06, 2009, 05:54:11 AM
Quote from: The Brain on December 06, 2009, 05:53:17 AM

I fear change.

Define "a lot more".

You want it in feather boa equivalents?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

katmai

Same vocation, different location.

Seven years Older and deeper in debt.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Jaron

Quote from: katmai on December 06, 2009, 06:07:29 AM
Same vocation, different location.

Seven years Older and deeper in debt.

Don't call him St. Peter, he can't go. :cry:

Slargos

The more things have changed, the more they have stayed the same.

I just realized this morning that my 10 year anniversary is coming up at Paradox, and checked my join date and by JOVE it is today.

I have created the Paradox Pensioners Society to commemorate this event. -_-

Crazy_Ivan80

mh, in 2003 I was still recovering from a hernia-operation that prevented me from getting into a wheelchair, I was teetering on the brink of depression and my studies weren't progressing as they should

since then I've had my depression and survived, got my degree, am working as an archaeologist after doing a six month stint at an administrative jobin a livestock-fodder factory and I'm on the verge of getting married.

so yay for me I'd say

CountDeMoney

Josquius

oof.
Finished school, so full of promise, went to college, it sucked balls, went to university nearby, also somewhat sucky, but then it got better as I met foreigners rather than rah-schwine and actually made some new friends, then I went to Holland, which was fun, then I came home, where I was da man, but uni sucked, then I came to Sweden, it was pretty OK, then I ran out of money, it sucked, then I got money, then I got drunk, then I fell asleep with the door open and was assailed by cats, then I turned my computer on and opened this thread, then I started pressing buttons on the key thingy.
██████
██████
██████