Where has your life taken you since Languish started?

Started by Jaron, December 06, 2009, 02:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

I have learned how to eat, put my clothes on and go to the bathroom ALL BY MYSELF.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

I was the emperor of mankind in '03.

In '09 still emperor but due to a horrible workplace 'accident' caused by that asshole Horus, I'm encased in a golden throne.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 06, 2009, 09:29:44 AM

In '09 still emperor but due to a horrible workplace 'accident' caused by that asshole Horus, I'm encased in a golden throne.

Actually, between when Languish started and now, your wife was born, we've had the wedding, and now you're up to your Shining in creepy ass twins.
Amazing what can happen in 7 years.

Strix

Hmmmm, it's been a long strange trip!

I went from unemployed hanging out on Sunday's waiting for Katmai to wake his ass up so that EU2 could begin with Habsburg, Stonewall, Sask, and assorted others in NC.

To a job working in a prison in NC to a job working in probation/parole in NC to a job working in parole in NY. I went from apartment to apartment switching locations a few times for work. I now have a nice house, a new son, and a very well paying Union job.

And no EU2 :cry:

Oh, and I blame Habs for giving me this website to visit.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Fate

Finished high school. Finished college. Got into medical school. Won't be done until I'm thirty. Fuck.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 06, 2009, 01:19:19 PM

Actually, between when Languish started and now, your wife was born, we've had the wedding, and now you're up to your Shining in creepy ass twins.

It has been fun. Except summer '06- summer '07.

Jaron

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 06, 2009, 01:43:33 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 06, 2009, 01:19:19 PM

It has been fun. Except summer '06- summer '07.

Is that when you got your beetus?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Ed Anger

Drakken

Quote from: Slargos on December 06, 2009, 07:26:22 AM
The more things have changed, the more they have stayed the same.

I just realized this morning that my 10 year anniversary is coming up at Paradox, and checked my join date and by JOVE it is today.

I have created the Paradox Pensioners Society to commemorate this event. -_-

As I approach my 9th year tenure at Paradox forums I'm tempted to join.  :blush:

stjaba

Finished high school, college, and now am in year one of law school. Started in Paradox in June 2001, IIRC.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Lucidor

Barrister

Gone from Calgary, to Peace River, to St. Paul, to Whitehorse.

Gone through 2 girlfriends, got married, expecting child.

On my second house.  Have gained 2 dogs and one cat.

Yeah, lots have happened since Sept 2001 (my Paradox registration date).
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

KRonn

Not too much change for me. I've had my same job since 1997 or so. Less physically active than I used to be; I used to keep in pretty good shape - martial arts, aerobics, weights. Sadly, I've had some deaths and changes in family. I was unmarried then, and still am, but now own a home.

Capetan Mihali

In some ways, I'm much the same, but I was quite wet behind the ears when I started on here.  Where was I in '03?  Reading a lot of Saul Bellow and Nietzsche, playing EU2, scanning slides of eye diseases into a computer for work, and very conflicted about how I felt about Israel.

Had the experience of love and loss, cruised the nightlife, and eventually had a nice relationship of almost four years that I watched sadly fizzle out.  Read Althusser and Lacan, smoked two packs of cigarettes a day, quit, read "Being and Time," started again, read Derrida, cut down, and did a lot of concerted drinking.  Left North America for the first time, twice, and visited the South, met Sheilbh twice and The Larch once. Worked a variety of jobs, contemplated my mortality, learned how to cook a basic repertoire of dishes, submitted to psychiatric treatment, lifted weights, stopped lifting weights, watched every movie John Waters made, and I still don't know what I think about Israel.  And I saw Sonia Sotomayor on the street in Manhattan.  That about sums it.    :)
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)