News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What's the best U.S. major PRO sports league?

Started by Syt, December 05, 2009, 01:06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's the best U.S. major PRO sports league? (PICK TWO!)

NFL
31 (77.5%)
MLB
7 (17.5%)
NHL
7 (17.5%)
NBA
7 (17.5%)
MLS
6 (15%)
JLS (Jaron League Sports)
4 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Syt on December 05, 2009, 01:18:15 PM
Second MLB should be MLS. -_-

Oh.  I thought it was so we could vote for MLB twice.   Which I did.  :lol:

I'm not that in to sports but I love to go to baseball games on a nice day, drink some beers, and relax.

Josquius

American football and baseball are too time consuming and dull and I've never seen ice hockey. Basketball is OK though.
██████
██████
██████

Jaron

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on December 05, 2009, 02:07:55 PM
Quote from: Syt on December 05, 2009, 01:18:15 PM
Second MLB should be MLS. -_-

Oh.  I thought it was so we could vote for MLB twice.   Which I did.  :lol:

I'm not that in to sports but I love to go to baseball games on a nice day, drink some beers, and relax.

Do they have any sports leagues in Thailand?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

DisturbedPervert

They have a soccer league.  Never been to a game.  People seem to be more interested in British soccer.  There's also a sepak takraw league.  Which is like volleyball using a baseball sized wicker ball, but you can only use your feet. 

Jaron

Neil

The NFL by a fair margin.  The NBA is overly rigged, the NHL is managed by complete morons, and MLB is utterly without merit.

That said, it looks like the NFL is going to destroy itself soon, so what can you do?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Capetan Mihali

NBA!  The Answer has returned Philly, maybe now the Sixers can relinquish their coveted lowest-attendance-in-basketball position.

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Ed Anger

I thought the Nets had the lowest attendance now, with that spectacular team they have.

Capetan Mihali

In seriousness, as a very milquetoast sports dabbler, I would say I enjoy the NFL the most followed closely by the NBA.  Pro football is worthwhile for the incredible bursts of excitement and the anticipation riding on every play.  Basketball is pure spectacle and athleticism. Baseball is alright, but a little too slow and statistical for my tastes.  Hockey, I never could give a shit about.  Can't even see where the freakin puck is?!?!   :blink:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."

Jaron

If they want to  pack the house, just go around to all the neighbors around the stadium, get them to donate all the shit that would get stolen anyways and put it in a basement gauntlet beneath the stadium.

After the game, the trap doors open and the real event can begin! :w00t:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on December 05, 2009, 03:11:24 PM
In seriousness, as a very milquetoast sports dabbler, I would say I enjoy the NFL the most followed closely by the NBA.  Pro football is worthwhile for the incredible bursts of excitement and the anticipation riding on every play.  Basketball is pure spectacle and athleticism. Baseball is alright, but a little too slow and statistical for my tastes.  Hockey, I never could give a shit about.  Can't even see where the freakin puck is?!?!   :blink:

Hockey is something you have to watch in person to enjoy. Especially minor league hockey. Good stuff out there. And by that, I mean fighting.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Jaron on December 05, 2009, 03:11:42 PM
If they want to  pack the house, just go around to all the neighbors around the stadium, get them to donate all the shit that would get stolen anyways and put it in a basement gauntlet beneath the stadium.

After the game, the trap doors open and the real event can begin! :w00t:

:lol:  I got caught in a pseudo-riot several years ago trying to take my grandfather to watch a St. John's University basketball game at Madison Square Garden.  One of the hip-hop radio stations had announced some erroneous information about an electronics sale that was going on there, and it turned into a good old-fashioned window-smashing melee.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 05, 2009, 03:08:30 PM
I thought the Nets had the lowest attendance now, with that spectacular team they have.

Bring on the Brooklyn Nets.  :bleeding:

Admiral Yi

I've been to exactly one hockey game and I couldn't see the puck then either.