News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What's the best U.S. major PRO sports league?

Started by Syt, December 05, 2009, 01:06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's the best U.S. major PRO sports league? (PICK TWO!)

NFL
31 (77.5%)
MLB
7 (17.5%)
NHL
7 (17.5%)
NBA
7 (17.5%)
MLS
6 (15%)
JLS (Jaron League Sports)
4 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Sophie Scholl

NFL, with the NHL and MLB more or less tied for second.  I hate all of the big four's commissioners though.  I think I'd like the NHL more if it were on more often where I live, or if I lived in a town with a team.  Baseball is ruined by the lack of competition and the over stretching of markets.  The NFL I think is destined for some bad things, as they're buying into their own hype waaaaay too much.  The moving of the Pro Bowl, the potential for an uncapped year, the plan to extend the season, the continued douchery over Sunday Ticket, the questionable calls and lack of paying for full time refs, the insane pay rate of first round draft picks compared to veterans, and much more bodes ill for the league.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Ed Anger

You know what I hate most about the NFL? The fucking London games.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 07, 2009, 04:12:27 PM

funny, I would have thought you'd say the Toronto games.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Barrister on December 07, 2009, 05:27:39 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 07, 2009, 04:12:27 PM

funny, I would have thought you'd say the Toronto games.

You know, I wouldn't really mind a team up in Canada. Because it is on the same bloody continent as the rest.

That, and I actually like Canada.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 07, 2009, 06:20:58 PM
You know, I wouldn't really mind a team up in Canada. Because it is on the same bloody continent as the rest.

That, and I actually like Canada.

:o

Now I love the NFL, but they should stick to the other side of the border.  Cuz if the NFL ever moved into Canada it would be with one team (Toronto), and it would suck the life out of my beloved CFL.

I don't mind the current deal with Buffalo however since they will only play meaningful games in Canada once the CFL season is over.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

The only bad thing about Canadians is how insistent they are that they're different from Americans, really. That and the imperialist Britain fixation.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?