News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What's the best U.S. major PRO sports league?

Started by Syt, December 05, 2009, 01:06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's the best U.S. major PRO sports league? (PICK TWO!)

NFL
31 (77.5%)
MLB
7 (17.5%)
NHL
7 (17.5%)
NBA
7 (17.5%)
MLS
6 (15%)
JLS (Jaron League Sports)
4 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Syt

Well, what is it?

For me MLB, followed by NFL.

P.S.: Maybe some mod (KATMAI?) could change the second MLB to MLS?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sahib

Stonewall=Worst Mod ever

Valmy

I go NFL first followed by MLB.

The NHL is mismanaged, the NBA is crap, and MLS is still too small time.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

You were smart not to include the MLS. Because anybody thinking that would be a fucking moron.

As for my vote, NFL.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr

The NFL, in any way I could describe "best."

It is the most profitable, most interesting, most watched and has the best format.  16 games, one each week; every game is so important that fans go from wanting to jump off buildings to wanting to throw a parade on a weekly basis.  The play-offs are great, one game elimination with the Super Big Game at the end.

The only things that mar the league:

The Pro Bowl
Two week before the Super Big Game
The Raiders
The Vikings

MLB is close but I don't like the playoff format.  They play 162 games in ~180 days; you have to have 5 starting pitchers and a good deep bullpen.  When the playoffs roll around they play 3 games a week; you can win with 3 starters and a middle reliever and a closer.  They should make the playoff rounds best of 11 and play every day.

Syt

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 05, 2009, 01:13:58 PM
You were smart not to include the MLS. Because anybody thinking that would be a fucking moron.

As for my vote, NFL.

Second MLB should be MLS. -_-
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Ed Anger

Quote from: Syt on December 05, 2009, 01:18:15 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 05, 2009, 01:13:58 PM

As for my vote, NFL.

:mad:

Strix

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Valmy

Quote from: sbr on December 05, 2009, 01:17:13 PM
MLB is close but I don't like the playoff format.  They play 162 games in ~180 days; you have to have 5 starting pitchers and a good deep bullpen.  When the playoffs roll around they play 3 games a week; you can win with 3 starters and a middle reliever and a closer.  They should make the playoff rounds best of 11 and play every day.

This.  The playoffs are a big stain on MLB.  It should be like the old days with just the League Championship and the World Series.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Sahib

I voted for that even thought it's blatantly untrue  :cool:
Stonewall=Worst Mod ever

Valmy

Quote from: Sahib on December 05, 2009, 01:23:21 PM

I voted for that even thought it's blatantly untrue  :cool:

Awwwww that's sweet the MLS appreciates your support!

Admiral Yi

NFL is first by a country mile.  MLB edges out NBA for second.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Ed Anger

Quote from: Syt on December 05, 2009, 01:29:06 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 05, 2009, 01:19:52 PM

Too many wetbacks on the forum. Can't afford to piss them off.

Can't afford to piss them off? FUCK THEM. Man up. Run some dirt on it and get back out there.

Jaron

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 05, 2009, 02:00:08 PM
Quote from: Syt on December 05, 2009, 01:29:06 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 05, 2009, 01:19:52 PM

Too many wetbacks on the forum. Can't afford to piss them off.

Can't afford to piss them off? FUCK THEM. Man up. Run some dirt on it and get back out there.

:huh:
Winner of THE grumbler point.