And we're back!

Main Menu

So I have bid my farewell of the EUOT.

Started by Pat, December 04, 2009, 11:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Quote from: grumbler on December 05, 2009, 09:40:00 PM
Quote from: miglia on December 05, 2009, 09:14:21 PM
Well, I think if you took the time to read it, I think you'd see I *was* being oppressed. I wasn't banned but I'd rather leave than post at a place like that. And there's nothing wrong in saying you're being oppressed when you are, just as there's nothing wrong in being paranoid when people are really out to get you etc  ;)
*Come and see the violence inherent in the system!*

Seriously, dude, you need to grow up if you want to enjoy your stay here.  The teen angst just doesn't get the sympathy here that it does elsewhere.  And, frankly, the strawmen and arguments by assertion that made up your "objectionable" psost are lame by the standards of Languish, even if the mods of EUOT thing such feeble things worth stomping on.

Languish is not so desperate for n00bs that it will clasp every whiny teen to its bosom for fear of "dying" alone. Frankly, I support your efforts to prove that you don't need to post at fora like this one.

These "strawmen" and "arguments by assertion" as you call them certainly managed to shut up the librarytardian camp on EUOT.

I know you did your best to write as negatively about me as possible, and since you didn't manage better than that, I'm actually going to take it as generally positive to my side of the issue on account of all the things you don't condemn me for.

Razgovory

I do support Stonewall in his warning of your infantile and smug euro-atheism.  It's very tiresome.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Pat

Korea, if you want I'll answer your questions, and I hope you won't find my comments to be snide. So if you want to know why I've acted in any particular way, feel free to ask. But if I may ask you something first: why did you expect me to me snide to you? You weren't snide to me.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Pat

Quote from: Razgovory on December 05, 2009, 09:51:33 PM
I do support Stonewall in his warning of your infantile and smug euro-atheism.  It's very tiresome.

I'm glad I made you feel that way.

Pat

Quote from: Razgovory on December 05, 2009, 09:53:36 PM
Grumbler is right, once again.

In what? His accusations of "argument by assertion"?

Admiral Yi

I still haven't decided what I think about the OP but you're handling the dogpiling very nicely. :cheers:

Admiral Yi

You even got dogpiled by a guy with 8 posts.  :lol:

grumbler

Quote from: miglia on December 05, 2009, 09:49:01 PM
These "strawmen" and "arguments by assertion" as you call them certainly managed to shut up the librarytardian camp on EUOT.   
Wow.  That is impressive.  Not.  "EUOT libertarian" is a combo like "Retarded quadraplegic" - you don't need both halves of the phrase to know it isn't strength leading to strength.

QuoteI know you did your best to write as negatively about me as possible, and since you didn't manage better than that, I'm actually going to take it as generally positive to my side of the issue on account of all the things you don't condemn me for.
Oh, yes, I am sure you "know" many, many things.  I wonder if any of them are true?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Pat

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 05, 2009, 09:59:44 PM
The n00b fights are definitely the best.   :cool:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Pat

Quote from: grumbler on December 05, 2009, 10:00:41 PM

QuoteI know you did your best to write as negatively about me as possible, and since you didn't manage better than that, I'm actually going to take it as generally positive to my side of the issue on account of all the things you don't condemn me for.
Oh, yes, I am sure you "know" many, many things.  I wonder if any of them are true?

Are you going all philosophical on me now, grumbler? How do we know anything to be true, really? I mean, how can we know for sure?

Pat

Quote from: grumbler on December 05, 2009, 10:01:44 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 05, 2009, 09:59:44 PM
The n00b fights are definitely the best.   :cool:

Yes, you've been here more than me, perhaps also longer. And you're also older than me in real life. So one would expect better of you. Who's acting immature here, for example?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 05, 2009, 09:58:39 PM
I still haven't decided what I think about the OP but you're handling the dogpiling very nicely. :cheers:

So you're the guy who actually read it?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?