Yeah!
10 (38.5%)
Nay!
7 (26.9%)
Jaron option
9 (34.6%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Caliga

I had some of these when I was a little kid... my grandmother got them from her gay BFF (can't imagine why he was interested in the Turks).  Anyway, from what I recall they were insanely sweet, but as a little kid it was my job to enjoy sugar so I liked them.  Not sure if I would now.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DontSayBanana

*shrugs* They just tasted like dough covered in sugar to me.  They taste...incomplete.  Not to say I didn't enjoy them as a kid- I was gonna take damn near any snack my parents and their friends threw my way.  Got quite a bit of it, too- between Fisher's Food Market (a sorta gourmet-ish mom-and-pop grocery store) and Haar's Gourmet Foods, Turkish Delight has always been easy to come by in my neck of the woods.
Experience bij!

Caliga

That dude used to always bring back Saltwater Taffy from Jersey and expect me to eat that shit too. :x

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Caliga on December 02, 2009, 07:47:46 PM
That dude used to always bring back Saltwater Taffy from Jersey and expect me to eat that shit too. :x

:console: We Jersey-dwellers tend to inflict it on outsiders more than we eat it ourselves.

Now, fudge from the Wildwood boardwalk... :contract:
Experience bij!

katmai

Saltwater taffy is great you fucking Kentucky hack.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Josquius

Its good stuff.
Though I must say I prefer the westernised Fries style variety to the actual original stuff.

Oh, and I hear apparently the name Turkish Delight pisses off the Greeks to no end who insist its actually a Greek thing with a significantly less appealing name.
██████
██████
██████

Queequeg

I really don't need to say anything in this post.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Caliga

Jaron

Quote from: Tyr on December 02, 2009, 08:09:45 PM
Its good stuff.
Though I must say I prefer the westernised Fries style variety to the actual original stuff.

Oh, and I hear apparently the name Turkish Delight pisses off the Greeks to no end who insist its actually a Greek thing with a significantly less appealing name.

Hmm..

Taffy - candy or a sweet?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

katmai

Quote from: Caliga on December 02, 2009, 08:51:06 PM
Quote from: DontSayBanana on December 02, 2009, 07:51:40 PM
Now, fudge from the Wildwood boardwalk... :contract:
Correct. :mmm:

You keep affirming my belief that you are in the closet with such outrageous statements.

Caliga

Quote from: katmai on December 02, 2009, 08:56:06 PM
You keep affirming my belief that you are in the closet with such outrageous statements.
Only gays like fudge? :blink:

katmai

Quote from: Caliga on December 02, 2009, 08:56:55 PM
Quote from: katmai on December 02, 2009, 08:56:06 PM
Only gays like fudge? :blink:

well duh :rolleyes:

Where do you think they get the term fudge packing from, sheesh.

Caliga

The only packing of boardwalk fudge I do is into my belly.  :blush: