Yeah!
10 (38.5%)
Nay!
7 (26.9%)
Jaron option
9 (34.6%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Martinus

So... a simple thread. Some people hate them. Some people swear by them. Which is you?  :lol:

Barrister

I know of it's existence from a reference in Lion, Witch and Wardrobe, but beyond that I have never seen or tried it.  :huh:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

I'd heard of it in the same place; asked a dude at a fancy candy store and his description made them sound like primitive jelly beans.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on December 02, 2009, 05:51:51 PM
I know of it's existence from a reference in Lion, Witch and Wardrobe, but beyond that I have never seen or tried it.  :huh:

Same boat.

garbon

I made it once because of the Narnia books. Mine didn't set properly. :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Same here, I didn't even know they were a real food until recently.

Stupid warnings. This applies to all the posts above Garbon's.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Capetan Mihali

I've had them and I thought they were delish.   :)
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Capetan Mihali

It's not generally available in the US though.  I only ran into it via an Israeli-operated deli, which stocked other Levantine delights like halvah.  :mmm:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."

DisturbedPervert

I'm not sure I've ever had it, or exactly what it is. 

Ed Anger

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on December 02, 2009, 06:46:49 PM

It is apparently what Spellus is snorting continuously.

Although lately, he is shooting up borscht.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on December 02, 2009, 06:46:49 PM

They are small, soft, gelatiney type candies, usually covered in powdered sugar:

They sometimes have pistachios or almonds in them as well.

Monoriu

My dad bought a lot back in the day.  Nay.  Too sweet.

Josephus

Used to eat them back in the Old Country. Never were my favourites. They have the consistency of soft, overcooked flesh.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

DontSayBanana

Something about them just doesn't quite click with me.  They're okay, but I remember trying them and thinking they were nowhere good enough to warrant a holocaust on talking animals. :lol:
Experience bij!