And we're back!

Main Menu

Lionheart: Kings' Crusade

Started by Maladict, December 02, 2009, 07:34:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakken

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 02, 2009, 06:10:32 PM
Quote from: ulmont on December 02, 2009, 11:40:47 AM
I don't think there will be any CK source-code projects.  Unlike Vicky or EU, there are rather nasty bugs that were never sorted out of CK (see the final patch "beta" that's been there for a year).
What nasty bugs are you referring to?

Sheikdom of Praha.

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 02, 2009, 12:09:47 PM
Unlike Vicky or EU, there are rather nasty bugs that were never sorted out of CK (see the final patch "beta" that's been there for a year).

No surprise there since Johan basically had to lock himself in a room and turn this out in a fraction of the time that would normally be spent on game production.

However, I don't think it would hurt to turn it over to others if they never plan to fix it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

ulmont

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 02, 2009, 06:10:32 PM
I don't think there will be any CK source-code projects.  Unlike Vicky or EU, there are rather nasty bugs that were never sorted out of CK (see the final patch "beta" that's been there for a year).
What nasty bugs are you referring to?

The crash bugs that Johan has never been able to reproduce were the ones I was thinking of.  MP stability in particular is horrible, and I had some SP games that would reliably crash after 2 days of play.

HisMajestyBOB

Probably the code is a mess, too, which means that any group that's working on it will need to spend more time straightening things out and bugfixing than adding new features. In some areas they might need to start from scratch, unlike For the Glory and Arsenal of Democracy.

But, I'd be surprised if there isn't a group working on the CK source code.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Caliga

Quote from: Drakken on December 02, 2009, 10:29:44 AM
That's it,  basically.

They produced next to nothing code-wise after a year or so, and Johan had to take it from scratch.
Gotcha.  Were they put to death after that?  Bourgeoisie wreckers  :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on December 02, 2009, 08:33:54 PM

I don't know. Consdering that ulmont got flat out ignored...

and that p'dox technically hasn't finished patching it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: garbon on December 02, 2009, 11:07:37 PM

Really? That sucks.

Quoteand that p'dox technically hasn't finished patching it.
That's probably less of an issue.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

ulmont

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on December 02, 2009, 11:22:17 PM
Quote from: garbon on December 02, 2009, 11:07:37 PM

Really? That sucks.

Yeah, I sent in a proposal over a year ago and was told "try back later," tried again in April and was told "try back in August," but frankly I don't care anymore and so haven't resubmitted.  The changes I wanted may not have been enough to really justify a project, but bleah either way.

sbr

I really want to see CK redone by someone, don't care if it is P'dox or someone with the source code.  The concept of controlling a dynasty instead of a country is so different than anything I have seen before I would pre-order a remake almost on sight.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on December 02, 2009, 09:26:33 AM
It's an Alt-history game using the HoI1 engine! :w00t:
The Warsaw Pact Versus NATO versus THE RED CHINESE?!!?!?!!?!?!!!!!?? Perhaps set in 1979?!?!?!?!?!?!?!111111111222222
PDH!