Main Menu

Lionheart: Kings' Crusade

Started by Maladict, December 02, 2009, 07:34:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maladict

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on December 02, 2009, 10:39:46 AM
a fucking rts? gimme a break

Aren't all of Paradox's games at least theoretically RTS?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on December 02, 2009, 10:41:53 AM
Quote from: Tamas on December 02, 2009, 10:39:46 AM
a fucking rts? gimme a break

Aren't all of Paradox's games at least theoretically RTS?

I am about to go ballistic over all-day long suckage at the office, so I will refrain from debating RTS games

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on December 02, 2009, 10:46:18 AM
I am about to go ballistic over all-day long suckage at the office, so I will refrain from debating RTS games

I am just not sure what Paradox could mean by RTS.  Age of Empires RTS or EU RTS? 
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

saskganesh

actually this could be good, afaik Pdox has never tried a tactical mode. and the period is rich for politics and intrique.

RTS? Hell, EU was marketed as RTS. of course it was so much more.
humans were created in their own image

sbr

Johan:

Quotewhen ck2 is announced, it will be called ck2, not something else.

and no, we are not working on ck2 yet...

The bold is Johan's.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10476901&postcount=8

saskganesh

third party designer. same crew that did the new King Arthur game.

so is that good?
humans were created in their own image

Josephus

yeah, this isn't a Paradox game really, is it?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

ulmont

Quote from: Maladict on December 02, 2009, 07:34:50 AM
What's this then? A source-code project for CK?

I don't think there will be any CK source-code projects.  Unlike Vicky or EU, there are rather nasty bugs that were never sorted out of CK (see the final patch "beta" that's been there for a year).

Drakken

Quote from: sbr on December 02, 2009, 11:26:21 AM
Johan:

Quotewhen ck2 is announced, it will be called ck2, not something else.

and no, we are not working on ck2 yet...

The bold is Johan's.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10476901&postcount=8

Note the word "yet".

CK2 in 2010! :w00t:

crazy canuck

Quote from: ulmont on December 02, 2009, 11:40:47 AM
Unlike Vicky or EU, there are rather nasty bugs that were never sorted out of CK (see the final patch "beta" that's been there for a year).

No surprise there since Johan basically had to lock himself in a room and turn this out in a fraction of the time that would normally be spent on game production.

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 02, 2009, 12:09:47 PM
Unlike Vicky or EU, there are rather nasty bugs that were never sorted out of CK (see the final patch "beta" that's been there for a year).

No surprise there since Johan basically had to lock himself in a room and turn this out in a fraction of the time that would normally be spent on game production.

Ironic then that it is one of the best games Paradox ever made.  It may be bug ridden but man it is so much fun.

Faeelin

Isn't this basically the Arthur game?

DisturbedPervert

By the King Arthur guys?  So a Crusades Total War style rpg?  Sounds great.  And unlike HoI 3 and most likely any CK sequel I'll probably be able to run it!

Admiral Yi

I don't think there will be any CK source-code projects.  Unlike Vicky or EU, there are rather nasty bugs that were never sorted out of CK (see the final patch "beta" that's been there for a year).
What nasty bugs are you referring to?