News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Immigration... yet again

Started by Grallon, December 01, 2009, 09:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Because our strength lies in our Diversity :lol:

But seriously, I'm generally cool with immigration as long as it's controlled. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Tamas

Quote from: Slargos on December 01, 2009, 10:10:14 AM
The question, though a bit vague, is a good one.

Why is the multicultural agenda driven so hard?

the multi-culti idea is a great one, and the ONLY hope for humanity to stop this regular culling of overpopulation we remember as major wars.

the problem with radical immigrants (muslims) is that their agenda does not seem to be multiculturalism, but rather, making their own culture dominant in their new home, which is unacceptable, and defeats the purpose of multi-culti.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Larch on December 01, 2009, 10:13:39 AM
You forgot "To increase the number of exotic restaurants and to spice up the bland local cuisine".
I figured that was covered under new talents.

Valmy

Quote from: Grallon on December 01, 2009, 09:51:52 AM
With the wrangling seen in the minarets thread I'm curious to know what you all think the purpose of immigration is.

Allow people who want to be part of the glorious United States a chance to come and increase the size and might of our invincible empire?  I know that is why Jaron is here.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

I thought Jaron came here to make Spiess burritos?  :huh:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

alfred russel

Good luck to the country that decides to compete in a global economy using only its citizens.

How is microsoft going to stay globally dominent if it can't hire programmers from the 95% of the world population outside of the US, or if boeing can't hire engineers from outside the country? Is McDonalds going to be able to successfully expand in other countries if its headquarters is made up of a bunch of americans with an american point of view?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on December 01, 2009, 10:40:52 AM
Good luck to the country that decides to compete in a global economy using only its citizens.

How is microsoft going to stay globally dominent if it can't hire programmers from the 95% of the world population outside of the US, or if boeing can't hire engineers from outside the country? Is McDonalds going to be able to successfully expand in other countries if its headquarters is made up of a bunch of americans with an american point of view?

I don't think bringing a few people over for the Big Corps offices is really what Grallon is talking about.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

The Larch

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 01, 2009, 10:16:48 AM

You forgot "To increase the number of exotic restaurants and to spice up the bland local cuisine".

I found this Lebanese restaurant locally and kabam! I've turned into Ank.

So when will you start
writing like this?

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on December 01, 2009, 10:47:33 AM

I don't think bringing a few people over for the Big Corps offices is really what Grallon is talking about.

There is something to be said that a more diverse society is going to be better able to compete internationally. Academia would also suffer.

But if Grallon wants to focus on lower class immigration, imagine what would happen to our agricultural industry without immigration. Some of the land under cultivation would go out of use and other land would become less profitable. Costs for produce would rise. On the plus side, higher wage agricultural jobs would be created.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Ed Anger

Quote from: The Larch on December 01, 2009, 11:02:00 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 01, 2009, 10:16:48 AM

I found this Lebanese restaurant locally and kabam! I've turned into Ank.

So when will you start
writing like this?

:lol:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Larch

Quote from: Slargos on December 01, 2009, 10:20:38 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 01, 2009, 10:09:31 AM
To inject new talents and capital into a country.

To compensate for declining birth rates and pay for state pensions.

To fill up uninhabited lands.

To add variety to the hottie pool.

That has to be the most retarded argument ever used in championing the cause.

"Kebabs and Zlatan" is one of the catchphrases of the idiots here, but if we only got a dish they're able to serve in other countries without also importing a million stinking arabs and one mediocre football player, it's a bad fucking deal.

Tongue, meet cheek.
Irony, meet Slargos.

And Ibrahimovic is not mediocre at all. Did you see his goal against Real Madrid last sunday? Amazing! If it wasn't for him and Larsson, both with inmigrant roots, nobody would be able to name a single Swedish player.  :P

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on December 01, 2009, 11:02:22 AM
But if Grallon wants to focus on lower class immigration, imagine what would happen to our agricultural industry without immigration. Some of the land under cultivation would go out of use and other land would become less profitable. Costs for produce would rise. On the plus side, higher wage agricultural jobs would be created.

Maybe...or we could start conscripting teenagers over the summers to work picking fruit.  Is there really that much immigration to the agricultural parts of the country.  I have a hard time picturing the tons of Latinos in the cornfields of Iowa.

Fate

Quote from: Valmy on December 01, 2009, 11:21:14 AM
Maybe...or we could start conscripting teenagers over the summers to work picking fruit.  Is there really that much immigration to the agricultural parts of the country.  I have a hard time picturing the tons of Latinos in the cornfields of Iowa.
Why would you have a hard time picturing that? Crossing the national border is the hard part. Going from California or Texas to Iowa is easy.

Admiral Yi

Corn harvesting is all mechanized.  Latinos work mostly in meatpacking here abouts.  Or construction.

merithyn

Quote from: Valmy on December 01, 2009, 11:21:14 AM

Most of the Mexicans I know in Iowa are laborers, though not on a farm: Construction, maids, mechanics, etc.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...