News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Immigration... yet again

Started by Grallon, December 01, 2009, 09:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grallon

With the wrangling seen in the minarets thread I'm curious to know what you all think the purpose of immigration is.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Martinus

What's the purpose of gay sex? What's the purpose of drinking booze? What's the purpose of eating only kosher food? What's the purpose of being able to visit Louvre?

Freedom does not require a "purpose" - because it is the natural state; you do not need a justification for freedom. What you need is a justification for restricting freedom - and that's something your side has so far failed to provide.

Razgovory

To move from one place or to another.  Easy.  Next question.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

The republic needs cannon fodder.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

To inject new talents and capital into a country.

To compensate for declining birth rates and pay for state pensions.

To fill up uninhabited lands.

To add variety to the hottie pool.

Slargos

The question, though a bit vague, is a good one.

Why is the multicultural agenda driven so hard?

Slargos

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 01, 2009, 10:09:31 AM

Third world nutjobs and illiterates certainly provide #2 and #3 but certainly not #1 and when it comes to #4 only randomly and seldom.

Solmyr

Quote from: Martinus on December 01, 2009, 09:58:40 AM
What's the purpose of gay sex? What's the purpose of drinking booze? What's the purpose of eating only kosher food? What's the purpose of being able to visit Louvre?

Freedom does not require a "purpose" - because it is the natural state; you do not need a justification for freedom. What you need is a justification for restricting freedom - and that's something your side has so far failed to provide.

What does immigration have to do with freedom?

Warspite

Quote from: Slargos on December 01, 2009, 10:10:14 AM

It depends what you mean by multiculturalism.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

The Larch

You forgot "To increase the number of exotic restaurants and to spice up the bland local cuisine".

DisturbedPervert

To end the white race so the Chinese get on with ruling the world without competition.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Slargos on December 01, 2009, 10:10:14 AM

That's not the question he asked.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Quote from: The Larch on December 01, 2009, 10:13:39 AM

You forgot "To increase the number of exotic restaurants and to spice up the bland local cuisine".

I found this Lebanese restaurant locally and kabam! I've turned into Ank.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Slargos

Quote from: The Larch on December 01, 2009, 10:13:39 AM

That has to be the most retarded argument ever used in championing the cause.

"Kebabs and Zlatan" is one of the catchphrases of the idiots here, but if we only got a dish they're able to serve in other countries without also importing a million stinking arabs and one mediocre football player, it's a bad fucking deal.

Malthus

The purpose of immigration is to further the ambitions of the immigrant, whatever those happen to be (usually, to have a better chance at a good life).

The reason governments allow a certain amount of it is because historically having ambitious people come to your country has worked out to be a good thing for the country as a whole.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius