News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Movie geeks to me - exploding White House

Started by Brazen, November 30, 2009, 07:15:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Threviel

They blow it up in Austin Powers, I think it looks just as good as in ID.

Brazen

Quote from: The Larch on November 30, 2009, 08:33:21 AM
Obviously he doesn't like to hear the Stars and Stripes played by a mariachi band.
Or a stampede of burning cattle.

The Larch

Quote from: Brazen on November 30, 2009, 09:19:29 AM
Obviously he doesn't like to hear the Stars and Stripes played by a mariachi band.

Or Jim Brown boxing bare knuckled agains the aliens in order to allow Tom Jones and other to run away from Las Vegas.

Gambrinus

grumbler

Quote from: Brazen on November 30, 2009, 09:19:29 AM
Or any of the other incredibly lame stuff from a movie that should have been good, but instead was absolutely wretched.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

Yeah, that's right. GRUMBLER is on my side bitches.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Brazen

KRonn

Any movies on the War of 1812? When those nasty, insidious, despicable, dangerous (and still very dangerous) Imperialistic Canucks burned the White House!   :mad:

;)

Malthus

Quote from: KRonn on November 30, 2009, 12:34:50 PM
Any movies on the War of 1812? When those nasty, insidious, despicable, dangerous (and still very dangerous) Imperialistic Canucks burned the White House!   :mad:

;)

I have my red coat all ready, just in case a repeat becomes necessary.

Actually, we restaged the take-over of Detroit last year, complete with folks playing Indian allies, and committed terrible massacre, carnage and destruction in the streets of Detroit.

Only, no-one noticed.  :(
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on November 30, 2009, 03:54:41 PM

I'll be poised to gut you. :menace:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on November 30, 2009, 03:56:52 PM
Quote from: Malthus on November 30, 2009, 03:54:41 PM

I'll be poised to gut you. :menace:

I guess we'll have to take Hillary hostage first, then.

That's too bad; she has a really grating voice. I suppose we can always borrow CdM's ball-gag.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on November 30, 2009, 04:02:06 PM
I guess we'll have to take Hillary hostage first, then.

That's too bad; she has a really grating voice. I suppose we can always borrow CdM's ball-gag.

She'd make for a wonderful Joan of Arc. :wub:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 30, 2009, 08:31:58 AM
I try to forget Mars Attacks every day. What an awful movie.

I loved that movie when it came out.  Of course I was like 15.  I also loved Starship troopers when it came out.  They haven't aged as well as I hoped.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

Quote from: KRonn on November 30, 2009, 12:34:50 PM

;)
The Brits get all offended if you don't mention that Canada had some British auxiliaries when it defeated the US in that war.  :bowler:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!