News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Movie geeks to me - exploding White House

Started by Brazen, November 30, 2009, 07:15:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 30, 2009, 08:31:58 AM
I try to forget Mars Attacks every day. What an awful movie.

You faggot fuck.  It was Rod Steiger's greatest role since Zhivago.  And Captain Terrell got vaporized.  Again.

Malthus

Quote from: grumbler on November 30, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
Quote from: KRonn on November 30, 2009, 12:34:50 PM
Any movies on the War of 1812? When those nasty, insidious, despicable, dangerous (and still very dangerous) Imperialistic Canucks burned the White House!   :mad:

;)
The Brits get all offended if you don't mention that Canada had some British auxiliaries when it defeated the US in that war.  :bowler:

You would know the truth. You were there, right?  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

grumbler

Quote from: Malthus on November 30, 2009, 07:06:32 PM
You would know the truth. You were there, right?  :D
When Brits got offended?  Many times.  I will say that it takes a bit of an effort to offend a Brit, but I was an expert by the time I left. :smarty:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

FunkMonk

Quote from: Razgovory on November 30, 2009, 04:20:53 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 30, 2009, 08:31:58 AM
I try to forget Mars Attacks every day. What an awful movie.

I loved that movie when it came out.  Of course I was like 15.  I also loved Starship troopers when it came out.  They haven't aged as well as I hoped.
Kids are idiots.  ;)
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Viking

Any movies on the War of 1812? When those nasty, insidious, despicable, dangerous (and still very dangerous) Imperialistic Canucks burned the White House!   :mad:

;)

I don't see how stopping in Halifax for tea and crumpets makes the Royal Marines Canadian?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

KRonn

Quote from: Malthus on November 30, 2009, 03:54:41 PM

;)

I have my red coat all ready, just in case a repeat becomes necessary.

Actually, we restaged the take-over of Detroit last year, complete with folks playing Indian allies, and committed terrible massacre, carnage and destruction in the streets of Detroit.

Only, no-one noticed.  :(
We've noticed, given how worse off economically Detroit has become! Your efforts obviously added to that downward spiral.    :(

Strix

Quote from: Malthus on November 30, 2009, 03:54:41 PM
I have my red coat all ready, just in case a repeat becomes necessary.

Actually, we restaged the take-over of Detroit last year, complete with folks playing Indian allies, and committed terrible massacre, carnage and destruction in the streets of Detroit.

Only, no-one noticed.  :(

We noticed. We were hoping you'd keep it.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Gambrinus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burning_of_Washington
QuoteThe next day Admiral Cockburn entered the building of the D.C. newspaper, National Intelligencer, intending to burn it down; however, a group of neighborhood women persuaded him not to because they were afraid the fire would spread to their neighboring houses. Cockburn wanted to destroy the newspaper because they had written so many negative items about him, branding him as "The Ruffian." Instead he ordered his troops to tear the building down brick by brick making sure that they destroyed all the "C" type so that no more pieces mentioning his name could be printed

:lol: :bowler:

By the way, on a hunch i checked the names of the poor bastard Edward Pakenham's relatives.

His mothers name was Catherine...

And now we know why the Yanks spell it with a "K"...

:cthulu: