News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

4 Cops gunned down in Washington coffee shop

Started by jimmy olsen, November 29, 2009, 06:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaCroix

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 04, 2009, 05:38:50 PMNawt as hawt.  Unless you're a certain Euroweenie.  But I doubt he'd pronounce himself Jesus.
if the man had made a motion picture, perhaps today he would be seen as an innocent product of a corrupt system?

@huckabee: regardless of whether it was right or not (at the time) to grant clemency to the man, this is, on the surface, seems pretty damning:

it is the south, though, so i wonder what the northeast or california looks like

Eddie Teach

Well, the numbers reflect both the bleeding-heartedness of the governor and the hard-assedness of the judiciary. So the numbers in other parts of the country may be lower due to more reasonable sentencing.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

Eddie Teach

Didn't W crack jokes about appeals from death row inmates?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Fate

He was Governor for 10 years, so the numbers may seem large at first. 70.3 per year doesn't really seem like that much.

Barrister

Quote from: Fate on December 04, 2009, 06:37:28 PM
He was Governor for 10 years, so the numbers may seem large at first. Divide them by 10 to get an idea of what he was doing per yer. By my count, that would be 132.7.

The little graphic shows clemencies for all the states over the same time period.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Fate

Quote from: Barrister on December 04, 2009, 06:40:18 PM
Quote from: Fate on December 04, 2009, 06:37:28 PM
He was Governor for 10 years, so the numbers may seem large at first. Divide them by 10 to get an idea of what he was doing per yer. By my count, that would be 132.7.

The little graphic shows clemencies for all the states over the same time period.

Oops.  :lol: