News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Sims 3 coming for Mac!

Started by Martinus, March 30, 2009, 06:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

No, although it did inspire me to play Sims2 again recently.  I think I'm tapped out though; I don't see myself purchasing Sims 3.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

I used Sims2 mostly as a house designer. I don't see me buying Sims3 to upgrade on that feature. I'm more interested in CitiesXL, but their plans for a subscription service for downloadable content/persistent worlds is turning me off atm.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

The change I like most is that NPCs age and have children. That got me slightly hooked right now, altough my plan of having one child per household and use him to further the legacy failed instantly at the first birth Why? Because the game thought my character was Ed Anger.

BuddhaRhubarb

I used MAC to quell my (gaming in general really) Sims addiction... :( bastards!
:p

Barrister

I have bought Sims 1 and Sims 2, and despite liking the concept was always left disappointed.

So of course I'm now installing Sims 3 hoping this time they got it right.  :ohyeah:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Hansmeister

I can't believe I actually got Sims 3.  I never was interested in the first two because I saw them as too limited (and too annoying) to be interesting.  However, with this one I think they finally advanced it to the point where the game has become interesting.

Weatherman

I think it's stupid that time doesn't speed up during sleep cycles like in Sims 2.

Syt

A guy on Wargamer.com commented that while the game is fun, parts of it have been dumbed down, some interactions removed and overall having less things to do than vanilla Sims2 while also having serious balancing issues (some things too easy/too hard). He still recommends it.

I picked it up myself yesterday against better knowledge. -_-

I created a fairly decent avatar of myself who has the goal of becoming a reknowned writer. I'll post a screenie tonight. Mostly diddled with the creation tools which I like a lot better than the previous incarnation, esp. the ability to modify colours of existing designs within the game. House building also appears fairly streamlined now. Haven't played the game proper yet, though.

I was a bit put off that there's only one (well, with the download two) cities to play in; but you can create copies of them (so that you can start over anytime) and you can edit them fairly freely, so that's ok.

What I don't like: the online store which I briefly checked out. The most comprehensive set of interior design (all rooms covered) for furniture etc. comes at 2000 Sims points, or 22 EUR for me (1 Sims Point = 0.01 EUR, plus VAT), which is about the price the regular Sims2 expansions cost here (Nightlife, Campus Life etc.). Clothes for 0.50 to 1 EUR a piece? Come on! Fortunately, the modding community will take care of this sooner or later, I guess; though it may suck if some mods depend on official meshes.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Barrister

I can't get the "no nude blur" patch to work on the Mac.  The instructions say to put it in a particular folder that I don't seem to have...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tamas

Quote from: Barrister on June 04, 2009, 11:27:44 AM
I can't get the "no nude blur" patch to work on the Mac.  The instructions say to put it in a particular folder that I don't seem to have...

PWNED

Ed Anger

Quote from: Barrister on June 04, 2009, 11:27:44 AM

Pervert.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Alcibiades

Lol like you don't already have it installed on yours.   :D
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on April 13, 2009, 10:32:00 AM
Quote from: Neil on April 12, 2009, 07:30:47 PM
Quote from: Martinus on April 11, 2009, 05:05:27 PM
:D

I just make representations of Berkut and Ed Anger and make them have gay sex with each other.
There's gay sex in the game?  I'm alerting Jack Thompson.
Hasn't he been disbarred by now?
You don't need to be a lawyer to be a media whore.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Korea

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 12, 2009, 06:29:07 AM
Wasn't there a Sims ripoff about managing a prison or something? That looked neat.

Prison Tycoon. Ide thought that was so unbelievably wrong in many ways. You should never make fun of what people in jail go through!  :lol: :rolleyes:
I want my mother fucking points!