Started by Siege, November 26, 2009, 05:03:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Camerus

Why did Jaron use his Lettow sock for that post?   :huh:

Monoriu

Quote from: Siege on January 04, 2010, 05:53:58 AM
So I modified my previous post with the pictures.
Let me know if you can see them now or if if you still have red dots.

I can see them now  :hug:

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Siege on January 04, 2010, 05:53:58 AM
So I modified my previous post with the pictures.
Let me know if you can see them now or if if you still have red dots.

No more red dots.

But you need more pouches.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Pat

Quote from: Lettow77 on January 05, 2010, 08:30:08 AM
Martin, what the hell? I mean..that's a bit totally unprovoked, isnt it?

Siege is a man with proper values, is defending America's honour overseas, and a credit to his people.

Your a simpering drama queen of a lawyer. Because his tastes are not depraved, you hope he gets shot?

I have always been nominally friendly to you, but that's a really horrible thing for you to say.

I'd never have guessed that american southerners like Lettow and Israelis like Siegebreaker should be in heart-felt agreement with arabs and other primitive peoples. Well, OK, I would have. That said, I do find it quite quaint and I like reading Siegebreakers posts as I like looking at a rare dangerous animal behind bars in a zoo or I like hearing about primitive tribes still doing primitive things half-way across the world. Not to mention it has changed my opinion of the American army: I previously held it in entirely too high a regard.

Speaking of primitive peoples, Israel, etc, my father lives in Jakarta and told me of how, at Suharno-Hatta airport, there was a large group of Papuans on their way back to Irian Jaya, the Indonesian half of Papua under quite repressive Indonesian rule. They were all wearing t-shirts with the star of David which they had, presumably, been walking around with in Jakarta. Civilized football, which some of you might know as "soccer", is very much popular in Indonesia, and Jayapura, from the largest city in Irian Jaya by the same name, are the reigning Indonesian champions (Indonesians blame this on the size of Papuans; they are very much larger than for example the javanese, and the javanese consider this an unfair advantage). Whenever Jayapura comes to play teams in muslim parts of Indonesia, which is to say most parts of Indonesia, they carry large billboards with the star of David when they enter the football stadiums. They walk around with these in front of the crowds. And most of the time they win the games. They are generally christians and not jews - I belive they mostly do this because they know it will provoke the muslims. Soccer is taken very seriously in Indonesia - when I was in Jakarta they dared not play in Jakarta due to the risk of rioting so the Jakarta teams had to play their home games in the provinces (it is however not recommended for westerners to go to Indonesian football games anyway, as it entails a considerable risk of being caught up in the violence - one of few Indonesian words to make it into the dictionaries of many western languages is the word "amok"; a westerner should also never drive a car, as he will automatically be presumed guilty when lynch justice is to be handed out after an accident - the traffic in Jakarta is also very bad even by Asian standards, many say it is the worst in the world, and having experienced it first-hand, I have no troubles believing this to be true - as a travesty of New York being the Big Apple, there are those who have taken to calling Jakarta the Big Durian - the durian is a fruit with a vile and pungent smell that is popular in SE Asia). Anyway the Papuans are a crazy, primitive bunch, and I like them much the same way as I like Siegebreaker (though I do not like Siegebreaker and people like Siegebreaker being entrusted with power over life and death by the US army; who knows what primitive beliefs he might have in regards to warfare - we have already seen some examples of these). I wanted to go to Irian Jaya or PNG when I was in the region, but instead I went to Timor-Leste and considering the notorious unreliability of carriers in the region, and my flight home being only a few weeks away, I didn't have the buffert of time required, so it'll have to be some other time.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Quote from: Pat on January 05, 2010, 04:42:58 PM

Siege is a man with proper values, is defending America's honour overseas, and a credit to his people.

Your a simpering drama queen of a lawyer. Because his tastes are not depraved, you hope he gets shot?

I have always been nominally friendly to you, but that's a really horrible thing for you to say.

I'd never have guessed that american southerners like Lettow and Israelis like Siegebreaker should be in heart-felt agreement with arabs and other primitive peoples. Well, OK, I would have. That said, I do find it quite quaint and I like reading Siegebreakers posts as I like looking at a rare dangerous animal behind bars in a zoo or I like hearing about primitive tribes still doing primitive things half-way across the world. Not to mention it has changed my opinion of the American army: I previously held it in entirely too high a regard.

Speaking of primitive peoples, Israel, etc, my father lives in Jakarta and told me of how, at Suharno-Hatta airport, there was a large group of Papuans on their way back to Irian Jaya, the Indonesian half of Papua under quite repressive Indonesian rule. They were all wearing t-shirts with the star of David which they had, presumably, been walking around with in Jakarta. Civilized football, which some of you might know as "soccer", is very much popular in Indonesia, and Jayapura, from the largest city in Irian Jaya by the same name, are the reigning Indonesian champions (Indonesians blame this on the size of Papuans; they are very much larger than for example the javanese, and the javanese consider this an unfair advantage). Whenever Jayapura comes to play teams in muslim parts of Indonesia, which is to say most parts of Indonesia, they carry large billboards with the star of David when they enter the football stadiums. They walk around with these in front of the crowds. And most of the time they win the games. They are generally christians and not jews - I belive they mostly do this because they know it will provoke the muslims. Soccer is taken very seriously in Indonesia - when I was in Jakarta they dared not play in Jakarta due to the risk of rioting so the Jakarta teams had to play their home games in the provinces (it is however not recommended for westerners to go to Indonesian football games anyway, as it entails a considerable risk of being caught up in the violence - one of few Indonesian words to make it into the dictionaries of many western languages is the word "amok"; a westerner should also never drive a car, as he will automatically be presumed guilty when lynch justice is to be handed out after an accident - the traffic in Jakarta is also very bad even by Asian standards, many say it is the worst in the world, and having experienced it first-hand, I have no troubles believing this to be true - as a travesty of New York being the Big Apple, there are those who have taken to calling Jakarta the Big Durian - the durian is a fruit with a vile and pungent smell that is popular in SE Asia). Anyway the Papuans are a crazy, primitive bunch, and I like them much the same way as I like Siegebreaker (though I do not like Siegebreaker and people like Siegebreaker being entrusted with power over life and death by the US army; who knows what primitive beliefs he might have in regards to warfare - we have already seen some examples of these). I wanted to go to Irian Jaya or PNG when I was in the region, but instead I went to Timor-Leste and considering the notorious unreliability of carriers in the region, and my flight home being only a few weeks away, I didn't have the buffert of time required, so it'll have to be some other time.
Here is a tip: leave out the blank line, it just breaks up the block of text pattern.

Pat

Tamas

Yet again, the idea that soldiers should not be fond of their work surfaces. Perhaps they should be a more appropriate moral compass, like a cocktail-slipping lawyer jumping from one dick to the next daily.

Fate

Siege is not loyal to America. Like Lieberman, it's always Israel first.

The Brain

Executive summary?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Fate

Quote from: The Brain on January 05, 2010, 07:28:59 PM

Executive summary?

Raping prisoners of war is wrong.

The Brain

lol yes

"-I thought the POW was a prostitute!"
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

Octavian

Quote from: The Brain on January 05, 2010, 07:28:59 PM

Executive summary?

See Ed Angerbutts post above yours
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee