NFL week 12 or how I survived the Lions on turkey day.

Started by katmai, November 25, 2009, 05:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

Quote from: JacobL on November 26, 2009, 12:57:14 PM
Still waaaay early but so far it looks like one team is a tad bit too sloppy and perhaps expected to simply show for a win. :bowler:

Crap I forgot they start early today.

JacobL

Quote from: sbr on November 26, 2009, 01:10:00 PM
Quote from: JacobL on November 26, 2009, 12:57:14 PM
Still waaaay early but so far it looks like one team is a tad bit too sloppy and perhaps expected to simply show for a win. :bowler:

Crap I forgot they start early today.
It seems for one play the Lions secondary also forgot they were playing already :thumbsdown:

derspiess

My buddy in Denver is having his Thanksgiving dinner at a tailgate before tonight's game.  I'm jealous-- we're going to a damned restaurant for Thanksgiving.  My family sucks sometimes.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Oh, and Bungles are currently favored by 11.5 at home vs. Cleveland Sunday.  derspiess's lock of the week for any of you who bet on NFL games: TAKE. THE. POINTS.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on November 26, 2009, 04:12:21 PM
Oh, and Bungles are currently favored by 11.5 at home vs. Cleveland Sunday.  derspiess's lock of the week for any of you who bet on NFL games: TAKE. THE. POINTS.
That doesn't sound like a lock to me.

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on November 26, 2009, 04:12:21 PM

Bungles blow the game.

-Ed the greek
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

JacobL

From profootballtalk   :P

QuoteJets play "red light, green light" with Sanchez
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 28, 2009 4:44 PM ET
Jets coach Rex Ryan wants rookie quarterback Mark Sanchez to be more careful with the ball. And he's stressing that to Sanchez with a simple instruction before each passing play.

According to Rich Cimini of the New York Daily News, Ryan will give Sanchez a code word before each passing play to let him know how cautious he needs to be.

Described as a simple red-yellow-green system, the color codes will tell Sanchez he needs to be cautious (red) or aggressive (green) or somewhere in between (yellow) on each pass play.

At first blush, this sounds more like the kind of thing you'd get from a Pop Warner coach than an NFL coach. And it comes across as though Ryan doesn't have a whole lot of faith in Sanchez's decision making.

But Ryan insists that he has plenty of confidence in Sanchez, saying that the rookie is coming off his best week of practice.

"This is the time that usually the rookies hit that wall, but he's doing just the opposite," Ryan said. "He's breaking through that wall ... I think he's going to have a great game."

Vince

If it were possible Sanchez should be forced to wear a shock collar that goes off every time he thinks about throwing to a double covered receiver.

sbr

Dennis Dixon is starting against the Ravens tomorrow night.  :lol:

Can't wait to see it, he has done well in the pre-season the last two years.  That is a far cry from a November night in Baltimore.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on November 28, 2009, 08:47:17 PM
Dennis Dixon is starting against the Ravens tomorrow night.  :lol:

Can't wait to see it, he has done well in the pre-season the last two years.  That is a far cry from a November night in Baltimore.

Your Duck is dead.

CountDeMoney

QuoteGoing from Roethlisberger to Dixon, who has thrown one pass in the NFL, presents quite a dropoff. Losing Charlie Batch to wrist surgery after the KC game leaves the Steelers with no experience at the game's most important position. Palko was signed only this week to the practice squad, but will serve as the backup quarterback.

It would be a delicious subplot if Palko gets into the game. He was Dave Wannstedt's quarterback of choice at the University of Pittsburgh when Joe Flacco went there. Flacco saw the writing on the wall -- that he wasn't going to play -- and left for Delaware. Now Flacco is the established NFL quarterback and Palko is some guy trying to hold a job.

Wannstedt.  Nuff said.

Ed Anger

Fuck, I'm gonna miss Cincy-Cleveland. Damn nephew's birthday party.

Ed Anger

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 29, 2009, 09:35:30 AM
That's too bad.  It's always fun watching your team mash an unequal opponent.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Neil on November 29, 2009, 10:54:14 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 29, 2009, 09:35:30 AM
That's too bad.  It's always fun watching your team mash an unequal opponent.

I'm fully expecting the Bungles to play down to the Browns level.